Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mixer Shower Issue

• 14-01-2014 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Hoping someone can shed some light on a problem I am have with what I would call a Bar style mixer shower. (a shower with a knob for pressure on the left and temp on the right, forward for cold and back for hot)

The shower is new, and when I turn it on initially cold water comes out from the cold setting. When I turn the temp knob to heat it goes straight to piping hot water i.e. no happy medium.

It is almost like the mixer tap isn't "mixing" I can only get cold or piping hot.

I may have to go to a plumber but I thought I may chance my arm in case there is a simple fix.

Thank you in advance

Cheers
    Gary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dfin

As it's new it could be the hot and cold are in the wrong way. Try swapping the hot and cold but better to call back the plumber

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭gfog

Cheers dfin,

i should have mentioned that, the hot and cold are definitely mixed up (ie the hot is going to the cold side of the tap and vice versa). I thought it would still function normally as normal just in the opp direction for hot and cold if you know what I mean.

You may have a better understanding than myself that why the above mightn't work.

Thanks again
    Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dfin

Hi Gary,

I'm not an expert but as far a i know they can only be fitted one way i.e. hot supply to hot and cold to cold. In my case the hot supply is on the left as you look at it.

If it was like a normal tap it would work fine either way like you say but in this case it's thermostatic - it controls the temperature to a set point and has moving parts. Unfortunately this will only work correctly when insatlled as designed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

gfog wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Hoping someone can shed some light on a problem I am have with what I would call a Bar style mixer shower. (a shower with a knob for pressure on the left and temp on the right, forward for cold and back for hot)

The shower is new, and when I turn it on initially cold water comes out from the cold setting. When I turn the temp knob to heat it goes straight to piping hot water i.e. no happy medium.

It is almost like the mixer tap isn't "mixing" I can only get cold or piping hot.

I may have to go to a plumber but I thought I may chance my arm in case there is a simple fix.

Thank you in advance

Cheers
    Gary

was going to say hot and colds mixed uip,but you said when the cold is on its cold.

there piped the wrong way so you wither have to swap them over or if this isnt an option then turning it upside downworks!not great but if your ok with it

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭gfog

That's great dfin,

that's all i needed to know, I was hoping that there may be an easy fix i could do myself.

Ill get onto the plumber now.

Appreciate it!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement