If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query in to delivery with TV purchase?

Options
  • 14-01-2014 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi Guys.

Just wondering if you've any Sony 55W905's in stock?
    I see your site is now doing it at £1499 + 5yr guarantee.
    If you do, is it collect in store only or can you deliver to Meath?

cheers/Chef.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Chef-1st

Oh, forgot to mention, I'd be looking to buy a new AV amplifier too. Could one be delivered with the TV too?
    I'd need one with a hdmi passtru port for lag-free gaming. You recommend the Onkyo or the Sony amps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Chef, cheers for the post.

The Sony KDL55W905 is available in very limited quantities from our UK warehouse.

We could organise to get one of these delivered if you would like one. They are a cracking TV and with the 5 year peace of mind warranty, it's a great deal too.

We can certainly get a receiver delivered at the same time.

The Onkyo TXNR626 is a brilliant receiver for the money and would be by choice for price compared to performance. £299.95

The Sony 1040 is priced at £399.95 and would be the Sony competitor to the Onkyo so it is more expensive and would offer a better level of detail than the Onkyo and they Sony receivers are bullet proof. My money would be on the Sony, at the sale price. If the Sony was £499.95 (normal price) then I'd sway for the onkyo just due to the price difference.

The delivery of the TV would be £49.95 due to the size and weight and the delivery on the receiver would be free if going at the same time. We could have it delivered to the store for collection which would be free.

Keep us posted if you would like either or both !

Many thanks

Dave

Thanks for the reply Dave.

Yeah I do like the Sony's lately. They make good receivers.
    So it would cost me £49.95 just to get the TV delivered to Belfast, where I'd have to collect it myself?
    Could I not just have it delivered to my house instead? 

rgds/Eric.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Chef-1st wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Dave.

Yeah I do like the Sony's lately. They make good receivers.
    So it would cost me £49.95 just to get the TV delivered to Belfast, where I'd have to collect it myself?
    Could I not just have it delivered to my house instead? 

rgds/Eric.
    Eric,

apologies, Dave didn't make himself very clear - the £49.95 would be for courier delivery to your home.

Stock is really tight and I dont like to push anything ever, but if you would lik one I'd get your order in asap - as I dont know when they will be back in ( BTW that £49.95 would cover your complete delivery including AV kit if required)

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks for clarifying John.

OK, I'll PM you by lunch time tomorrow. Stick one of them TV's on hold for me so (55W905). 
    I just have to take a closer look at what AV receiver I want to buy. And also have to clear the expense with the missus!

Any chance you could throw in a cheap 3d blu-ray player to sweeten the deal too?

thanks/Eric.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Chef-1st wrote: »
    Thanks for clarifying John.

OK, I'll PM you by lunch time tomorrow. Stick one of them TV's on hold for me so (55W905). 
    I just have to take a closer look at what AV receiver I want to buy. And also have to clear the expense with the missus!

Any chance you could throw in a cheap 3d blu-ray player to sweeten the deal too?

thanks/Eric.

Chef,

many thanks for the update and dont worry about the AV receiver ( although you would save on delivery if you went for both at the same time..)

Good luck with the discussions with the finance dept ;)

On the cheap 3D Blu-Ray, unfortunately we really dont have the margin to allow this - TV margins are wafer like at the moment!

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.