Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delay audio output

Options
  • 14-01-2014 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

This may not be the right forum for this, but here goes....

I've a UPC DVR (Cisco 8487/8685) connected to my Samsung TV via HDMI.
    I have the analogue phono from the DVR hooked up to a analogue only amp.

The problem is the audio though the TV via HDMI is delayed compared to the analogue DVR output, resulting in an echo effect with both sets of speakers enabled.

Is there any (cheap) solution to syncing the outputs, i.e. introducing a delay like with a purely digital solution?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,428 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Does your TV have audio (phono) 'out' ports? If so you could try using those for the audio connections to the amp. Otherwise you'll have to disable the TV speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 agriva8

The TV has optical out. I hooked this up to an old minidisc player for a quick test (to use the DAC), but still there is a delay...

I found this http://www.cypeurope.com/store/store/app/product/AU-11CD/De-embed-Audio-from-HDMI

that extracts the audio from HDMI, but also acts as a passthrough (i.e. the video AND audio would still go to the TV, whilst providing me an analogue feed to the amp). However, it retails at 110STG.... ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

I'd imagine it'd be relatively tricky getting the delay just right, and even then you might find it's causing the sound to be slightly out of sync with the picture.

I know it's not what you wanted, but your best bet would be to mute the TV and just use the amp's speakers. Ever since I bought my first amp, I've always just muted the TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Five Lamps

IS there a setting in the menu?

Or just turn the volume down on your TV!

Advertisement