Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dept of Ag approval

• 14-01-2014 1:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭

Did anyone recently apply for planting approval from the Dept
    If so how long did it take from the get go to approval

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭benjydagg

Did anyone recently apply for planting approval from the Dept
    If so how long did it take from the get go to approval

Roughly 6 weeks in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭cw girl

My forestry consultant was asked to complete a Natura impact assessment on 20 Jan. does anybody know how long this usually takes?

The consultant does not appear to be very proactive in getting the application through, a neighbour told me at the weekend that he has had the same experience with him. I'm thinking of approaching a different forestry company...any thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

cw girl wrote: »
    My forestry consultant was asked to complete a Natura impact assessment on 20 Jan. does anybody know how long this usually takes?

The consultant does not appear to be very proactive in getting the application through, a neighbour told me at the weekend that he has had the same experience with him. I'm thinking of approaching a different forestry company...any thoughts?

forest service are slow at the best of times so its probably not the consultant himself causing the delay from what i hear it can take up to three months for a form 1 (afforestation approval) to come back from them

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭benjydagg

Very strong rumours that the 20 year premium is going to become a 12 year premium in the new forestry scheme (later in the year). The same total amount of money to be paid, but higher rate per year!!!

Advertisement