Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom ISP : Spamhaus problems

Options
  • 14-01-2014 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭

I use MS Outlook (2003) and Eircom is my ISP.

Since this morning, I have been unable to send emails without getting the following message.

550 5.1.1 <address> Blacklisted by Spamhaus: http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=77.234.43.180";

In addition, MS Outlook doesn't retain the email address to which I am trying to send the blacklisted email.

In the past I have sent numerous emails to address which Spamhaus is now blacklisting.

If someone from Eircom can help resolve this issue, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

hinault wrote: »
    I use MS Outlook (2003) and Eircom is my ISP.

Since this morning, I have been unable to send emails without getting the following message.

550 5.1.1 <address> Blacklisted by Spamhaus: http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=77.234.43.180";

In addition, MS Outlook doesn't retain the email address to which I am trying to send the blacklisted email.

In the past I have sent numerous emails to address which Spamhaus is now blacklisting.

If someone from Eircom can help resolve this issue, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance
    Hi hinault

For assistance with this please contact email support on free phone 1901 (enter your landline number and then chose option 3 then 2 when prompted) or alternatively 1890260260.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭janeparker

Actually, Spamhaus Project is a NGO that works for prevention of internet world from spamming. In your case, you can talk with this NGO for solving your problem.

janeparker wrote: »
    Actually, Spamhaus Project is a NGO that works for prevention of internet world from spamming. In your case, you can talk with this NGO for solving your problem.
    Hi janeparker

Thanks for you clarification on this.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

check your outgoing server settings your ip address 77.234.43.180 is not an eircom one it is registered to

inetnum:        77.234.43.0 - 77.234.43.255
    netname:        AVAST-COM

generally you get the spanhaus error if your outgoing server and internet prover are not the same company

Thanks for the advice Baneblade

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement