Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horsebox security

Options
  • 14-01-2014 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what horsebox owners would recommend for security devices for boxes, hitch lock or wheel locks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bob1984

I have a bulldog hitch lock;

I know if they really want the box they can get around the hitch locks but to be honest it is more a deterrent than anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

we have both hitch and wheel locks - as Bob1984 says, its a deterrent. Your best security is to keep it out of sight, and closed gates, lights etc etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I saw some sort of a hidden GPS tracker thing advertised in Horse and Hound last year. The likes of that could be a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

finbarrk wrote: »
    I saw some sort of a hidden GPS tracker thing advertised in Horse and Hound last year. The likes of that could be a good idea.

Yeah, there's a device called EZ Track 200, it costs €199. Think I'll focus on deterrents like hitch lock/Wheel clamp first.

Advertisement