Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Batistas Return

• 10-01-2014 5:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭

Time for Booker T to put Batista in his place again?
    Although he hasn't even officially made his return to WWE TV, former WWE World champion Batista is already making waves within the locker room following comments made on Twitter.
    During Raw, after defeating Sin Cara, Alberto Del Rio announced he was entering the Royal Rumble and cut a promo regarding the returning Batista.

Batista responded via Twitter asking, "Who is Alberto Del Rio?"

Del Rio wrote back to Batista via Twitter, "I'm the one wining all the major titles while u were getting ur ass kick by your plumber (Vince lucero) See u at the rumble".

Vince Lucero was the MMA fighter Batista defeated in October 2012 in his first and only professional MMA bout.

Batista then cryptically wrote, "Seems 2 me that some C level stars in a B level star era have bought into their own hype. Don’t turn a work into a shoot. #realitycheck"

While the Tweet was deleted at some point yesterday, Batista's comments have been a big topic of discussion among wrestlers in the company who felt he pretty much buried the entire locker room in one fell swoop. One person compared them to Triple H once saying Undertaker was the only person worthy of wrestling him in the entire locker room.

Since it's assumed Batista is returning to the company and walking into a main event level bout at Wrestlemania, there are already some ruffled feathers among talents and the comments were hardly the best way for him to ingratiate himself back into the locker room.

Batista is set to return to Raw on the 1/20 episode broadcast from Dayton, Ohio. It's believed he signed a multi-year deal with the company.

Credit: PWInsider

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,980 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Batista really that a big draw for WWE, I mean I wouldn't think he'd be up there with the likes of The Rock or SCSA tbh

I still think him Vs. Lesnar would be good

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Batista really that a big draw for WWE, I mean I wouldn't think he'd be up there with the likes of The Rock or SCSA tbh

More of a case of Batista thinking he a "Raw" level talent and Del Rio is a "Smackdown" level one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

TBF to ADR that was a top drawer line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

"Big Dave" really is a knob. In fact, that's why I'm convinced his last run was so good; I don't think he had to exactly stretch himself in that role.

"Big Dave" really is a knob. In fact, that's why I'm convinced his last run was so good; I don't think he had to exactly stretch himself in that role.

He is but he is also a business man and a business man from another era.

Too many people on the WWE roster now are simply "happy to be there" and aren't hungry.

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    He is but he is also a business man and a business man from another era.

Too many people on the WWE roster now are simply "happy to be there" and aren't hungry.
    What about the ones who carry the company all year where one of them will likely lose out on a deserving prominent role....for someone who IMO won't even be a big draw at WM. Not as big as they have deluded themselves into believing anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Tbh I can't get my head around the idea that anyone would tune in just because Batista is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Tbh I can't get my head around the idea that anyone would tune in just because Batista is back.

I think he appeals mostly to people in their mid - late teens that started watching when Batista was one of THE guys. That's the feeling i got from the comments on their Facebook account in the last year or so anyway

I think he appeals mostly to people in their mid - late teens that started watching when Batista was one of THE guys. That's the feeling i got from the comments on their Facebook account in the last year or so anyway

He never seemed like the man to me, which was touched on in his feud with Cena. That's what I find brilliant about Batista's cryptic tweet; he's the last person who should be going on about B or C level stars in poor eras.

What about the ones who carry the company all year where one of them will likely lose out on a deserving prominent role....for someone who IMO won't even be a big draw at WM. Not as big as they have deluded themselves into believing anyway.

In fairness Batista is back full time. Signing a 2 year deal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

In fairness Batista is back full time. Signing a 2 year deal.

It doesn't mean he's back full time. The rock and Lesnar both signed 2 year contracts with limited dates on them.

Loughc wrote: »
    It doesn't mean he's back full time. The rock and Lesnar both signed 2 year contracts with limited dates on them.

No he is back full time. One last run. TV, house shows the whole shebang.

Don't believe me. Remember how word got out about his WWE return was him being advertised for a house show.

Aye, what does full time mean? Fcuk me if "Big Dave" is gonna be at Raw every week. Lol at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Aye, what does full time mean? Fcuk me if "Big Dave" is gonna be at Raw every week. Lol at that.

I imagine he will be at most if its full time,Rumble on the way and after so many PPV'S bombing so hard they will want as much star power as possible. After that then the Chamber and Mania, he won't be missing to much TV I reckon.

Not sure about house shows though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,381 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd say he'll be taking time off for promotional tour for Guardians of the Galaxy later this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Bringing him back as a face is stupid.

Batista should be reprising his old role as the cocky heel, its most natural to him. Would be excellent to see him try and bury some of the current talent, theres no competition for him in WWE today etc...

only for Lesnar's music to hit.

Neither are full time I know, but Lesnar v Batista has never been done and it would have been a money feud

Now Lesnar as the apparent face in such a feud would interest me, otherwise, meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Only time I ever cared about him was when he had the heel run. Other than that he was bland as fúck.

After the initial week or two of "OMG BATISTA", I'd imagine people will start to tire fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

As will he no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

I always liked Batista and will be watching Raw (I normally don't) to see his return

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Bringing him back as a face is stupid.

Batista should be reprising his old role as the cocky heel, its most natural to him. Would be excellent to see him try and bury some of the current talent, theres no competition for him in WWE today etc...

only for Lesnar's music to hit.

Neither are full time I know, but Lesnar v Batista has never been done and it would have been a money feud
    meh, maybe a bit down the line. Fact is that people are always gonna pop for a top guy returning, to the point that he has to come back as a face. It's a far easier sell too.

I do think that if they've him signed up for a two year deal, they're bound to be banking on that Marvel film being enough of a hit for him to maintain some of the momentum that he's undoubtedly gonna struggle to as people get used to seeing him around. Probably also gonna be trying to take credit for the film's success if it's any good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm not that big into Batista, nice to have another potential uppercarder back to bring variety to the table, but he doesn't have anything like the wow factor that Brock, Undertaker and Rock bring on their return.

Why isn't Kane wrestling anymore, as an aside?

For those of little faith here's Batitsta's schedule.
    - Here are the events that Batista is currently scheduled for, up through the RAW on the night after WrestleMania:

* January 20: WWE RAW at Nutter Center in Dayton, Ohio

* January 26: Royal Rumble at CONSOL Energy Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

* January 27: WWE RAW at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio

* February 3: WWE RAW at Century Link Center in Omaha, Nebraska

* February 10: WWE RAW at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California

* February 15: WWE LIVE Event at US Airways Center in Phoenix, Arizona

* February 16: WWE LIVE Event at Thomas Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada

* February 17: WWE RAW at Wrestling Inc. Pepsi Center in Denver, Colorado

* February 24: WWE RAW at Resch Center in Green Bay, Wisconsin

* March 3: WWE RAW at Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois

* March 8: WWE LIVE Event at Madison Visit Wrestling Inc. Square Garden in New York, NY

* March 10: WWE RAW at FedEx Forum in Memphis, Tennessee

* March 17: WWE RAW at AT&T Center in San Antonio, Texas

* March 31: WWE RAW at Verizon Center in Washington, D.C.

* April 6: WrestleMania XXX at Mercedes Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana

* April 7: WWE RAW at New Orleans Arena in New Orleans, Louisiana

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

For those of little faith here's Batitsta's schedule.

* March 17: WWE RAW at AT&T Center in San Antonio, Texas

That should be a fun Raw to follow here on the live thread, everyone with a few beers in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Split from the news thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Do you guys see Bryan's WM storyline to be round up of the Wyatt family stuff? Totally over "YES,YES,YES" DB against big bully douchebag Batista could be entertaining.

I have to add I think it's strange that the majority are ragging all over his return. I felt the overall concessus was that Tista's final few years were super. The cocky hell champ was brilliant. Before the last few mega matches Dave's Wrestlemania match with Taker was classed as one of the best in the streak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Batista in his last run as a heel was brilliant, after so many years of being a boring face. It's mental to think there are kids watching now who weren't even born when he was in Evolution.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I have to add I think it's strange that the majority are ragging all over his return. I felt the overall concessus was that Tista's final few years were super. The cocky hell champ was brilliant. Before the last few mega matches Dave's Wrestlemania match with Taker was classed as one of the best in the streak.

The problem is that he won't returning to play that role.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Really looking forward to Big Dave's return,heel or face.Mad to think he's been gone four years.Would love to see him and Bryan wrestle again,they had a cracking short little match on Raw few years ago back when Bryan was getting burried every week on NXT, and Batista made him look far more competitive then he had to.

Really looking forward to Big Dave's return,heel or face.Mad to think he's been gone four years.Would love to see him and Bryan wrestle again,they had a cracking short little match on Raw few years ago back when Bryan was getting burried every week on NXT, and Batista made him look far more competitive then he had to.

The same Batista who took to twitter to diss the fact that Bryan was WHC material iirc.

In fairness Bryan had been booked terribly right up until he cashed in,and he even said himself that he expected to be the first MITB winner to cash in and lose.So Batista had a point,at that moment in time.Think he clarified that he wasn't criticising Bryan personally.
    so to clear up any misunderstanding about me hating on Daniel Bryan...actually i've been a supporter of his for years,unlike most of you Johnny come lately smart mark supporters. we actually had a hell of a match together that was originally supposed to be a squash match until this old broken down ex bodybuilder who never deserved to be champion and only had it handed to me because HHH was my boy...refused to job the kid out because i knew how good he was and wanted to have a f--king match with him before i left the company. and a hell of a match we had considering where our respective places in the company were at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Next question is any one got the match ?

Advertisement