Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSD running slow ?

Options
  • 14-01-2014 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Yesterday I installed a Kingston SSD V300 120GB as my primary boot drive .I am using it on my laptop - A Samsung RC520 .I cloned the OS files from my HDD to the SSD .They were fragmented on the HDD just before the clone

There is 35GB free of 111GB so loads of room really

I have also installed a second hard drive caddy to hold my old HDD , after removing the ODD (In case this matters :confused: )

I have done everything in this guide and even a few more things from different guides .

It is quoted to write and read 450MB/s according to the Kingston website

I have it plugged into the SATA 6GB/s port on my laptop.

Here are the speeds I'm getting and HWinfo

Hwinfo_zps95ed070f.png

asssd_zpsea374d1e.png

My laptop runs way faster,but I'd rather better speeds if possible .

Any help would greatly be appreciated :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 David762000

That speed is the maximum speed you wont see that kind of speed in your test.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

That speed is the maximum speed you wont see that kind of speed in your test.

Is this as a result of my other system specs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 myrscossie

The more stuff you put on a SSD the slower it gets the same thing happen may scandisk 120gb, try updating the firmware might help a bit .

Advertisement