Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone have a walkydog attachement?

• 14-01-2014 11:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has a walkydog attachment for their bike? I have one that I use with Cooper but I haven't used it in a while due to being on holidays and now it seems as though it isn't attaching properly and is wobbly, but I'm not 100% certain!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭hollytrees

Oh I'd love to know about those. Where do you get them, how much??

I hardly ever use my bike since I got my dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

I had to google the 'walkydog'... Seems like a simple but effective piece of kit. Sounds like it's not gripping/clamped tightly around the saddle stem? Cooper must be big now mel.b!

I opted for the option of having Hugo out in front of me - than alongside me. You can buy similar front attach devices but I chose to make my own:

CC82F7BF-56F5-4594-AD7D-F95E1BB4C06E_zpsslegrpqj.png

He loves running and picked up the mushing commands and turns quite quickly. The bike is great for taking a break from all that walking.

Hope Cooper is doing well. Hugos brother is on his way in 4 weeks!

hollytrees wrote: »
    Oh I'd love to know about those. Where do you get them, how much??

I hardly ever use my bike since I got my dogs.

Had to look myself... Here they are:

http://www.walky.co.uk/walky-dog-range.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

He is getting big!

It's not the clamp around the seatbpost that s wobbly, but the actual arm that sticks out...it doesn't seem to be going into the knob that sticks out of the seat clamp properly if that sense?! I tried some wd40 but that hasn't made a differrence.

I will be getting something to go out the front of the bike but he's still only 10mths old, so not quite old enough to be pulling yet. That's where the walky dog is great - we can work on his commands and his fitness without the need for pulling. I must admit too, i have a harness for him to wear when pulling but haven't gotten him wearing it yet so other than accidently pulling a sign through the villlage he hasn't done pulling yet. The backyard is so wet i think i'm going to have to try it out the front on the footpath which will keep the neighbours entertained i'm sure!

Good luck with Hugo's brother :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭hollytrees

Hooked wrote: »
    Had to look myself... Here they are:

http://www.walky.co.uk/walky-dog-range.html

Thanks for that. Had a look at some websites. They cost so much for postage, must try and find some Irish stockists.

• Advertisement

hollytrees wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Had a look at some websites. They cost so much for postage, must try and find some Irish stockists.

Parcel Motel! Wink wink!

First 2 deliveries free!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Hugos brother is on his way in 4 weeks!

You won't know what hit you lol! :pac:

tk123 wrote: »
    You won't know what hit you lol! :pac:

Stop! We were hoping for a bitch... But only one in the litter and 3 dogs. The bitch will be kept by the breeder.

We've done our homework tk123 so we're hoping our two dogs will be the exception rather than the rule.

Going in (nervously) with our eyes wide open!!!

All advice welcome!

Stop! We were hoping for a bitch... But only one in the litter and 3 dogs. The bitch will be kept by the breeder.

We've done our homework tk123 so we're hoping our two dogs will be the exception rather than the rule.

Going in (nervously) with our eyes wide open!!!

All advice welcome!

Ours was the other way around - 9 girls and 1 boy kept by the breeder - but we wanted a girl and got the best one lol. I was lucky with her - she mostly slept thru the night from day one so not too much lost sleep!

tk123 wrote: »
    Ours was the other way around - 9 girls and 1 boy kept by the breeder - but we wanted a girl and got the best one lol. I was lucky with her - she mostly slept thru the night from day one so not too much lost sleep!

So was she the first or added to an existing dog in the household? Same sex or mixed (if more than one dog)?

We've had Hugo since a pup so we're hoping his half brother (same sire) is a chip off the old block!

• Advertisement

So was she the first or added to an existing dog in the household? Same sex or mixed (if more than one dog)?

We've had Hugo since a pup so we're hoping his half brother (same sire) is a chip off the old block!

Added to existing 4 year old male in July. He wasn't impressed for a couple of weeks but they were buddies after that. He's been a great influence on her - she never play bit us and takes her cues from him so if eg he's snoozing she'll snooze too. Matches his pace on the lead, sits when he sits and copies all his commands etc. A pup will keep you on your feet though - you forget that they're into everything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭transit260

http://bicycling.about.com/b/2013/02/26/review-of-the-springer-dog-leash-for-your-bike.htm
    I have one of these,great job with a built in shock absorber.

Advertisement