Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrible Broadband speed and varying ping

Options
  • 14-01-2014 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Hi, recently i have been experiencing horrible download speeds and pings that can spike from 50 to 600 with download speed inconstantly changing in the evenings and nights.

Here is some speed tests from tonight.
    3231914499.png

3231917318.png

3231916395.png

I'm paying for a 8mb connection and as you can see im not getting that at all, these tests were performed by a wired connection with only 1 device connected to my network(every other device was disconnected), I also made sure only my browser was running.

I live in Tramore Co.Waterford and ive seen quite a few other forum posters saying they are having similar issues, ive also read that a few posters have had tech support inform them that there is a damaged network card in our exchange and that it wont be repaired until the efibre upgrade, can you please confirm this?

Any help with my connection or an update on the Tramore exchange would be appreciated .

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

you think thats bad. im with sky on a 7mb line. buts its really eircoms line. in mayo area. i rang sky. they blamed it being mircofilters

3232097627.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi, recently i have been experiencing horrible download speeds and pings that can spike from 50 to 600 with download speed inconstantly changing in the evenings and nights.

Here is some speed tests from tonight.
    3231914499.png

3231917318.png

3231916395.png

I'm paying for a 8mb connection and as you can see im not getting that at all, these tests were performed by a wired connection with only 1 device connected to my network(every other device was disconnected), I also made sure only my browser was running.

I live in Tramore Co.Waterford and ive seen quite a few other forum posters saying they are having similar issues, ive also read that a few posters have had tech support inform them that there is a damaged network card in our exchange and that it wont be repaired until the efibre upgrade, can you please confirm this?

Any help with my connection or an update on the Tramore exchange would be appreciated .

Thanks

Hi IIIAcHmEdIII

I'm very sorry to hear of this, however I will be unable to confirm these reports and the best advice I can offer is to contact the technical support team for assistance with this.

Technical support will be able to conduct tests and look into these issues in much greater detail.

Also, I can confirm that efibre is due to launch in Tramore in March this year. Not all areas in Tramore will be able to avail of an upgrade as works to specific areas will be ongoing over the next year but the areas done by March will be going live then.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭L8rdude

Hi,

I don't know if I should start a new thread, but, I'm getting .5 on d/load when we are paying for 3.

Is there issues in wexford with speeds?

Tks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

L8rdude wrote: »
    Hi,

I don't know if I should start a new thread, but, I'm getting .5 on d/load when we are paying for 3.

Is there issues in wexford with speeds?

Tks.
    Check the top couple of threads here and on the Eircom.net broadband forum, seems to be some kind of major fault in the south/south east

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

3310847458.png

this is supposed to be 24mb and i was getting around 10. it's been a joke over the past week and ringing technical support is a waste of time.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

voderphone or sky would give you a faster speed yet they still use eircom lines

Advertisement