Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pottery/Arts & Crafts date idea

Options
  • 14-01-2014 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

Does anyone know of somewhere in Dublin (preferably South Side/West Side or City Center) that do something where you can either book an hour or 2 to make pottery, or else paint it, or any other arts and crafts ideas like that?

I found one in Dundrum Center but it seems to be mainly for kids, found another in Portmarnock but I'd rather avoid Northside if possible since we live on the opposite side of Dublin.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭seablue

This place off south circular road does one date pottery courses for adults

http://seraph.ie/

I did a day there a few years back and really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Iano_128

Deadly thanks very much! I've genuinely lost count of how many Google searches I've done on this today and I've had no luck at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 wicklowgaz

Hello,can anyone give me an recommendations on which is the best place?
    Seraph do a 12-1730 which looks very long to me..

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

wicklowgaz wrote: »

Regards
    time is variable - some folks are deep in a piece of work and so there is no hassle to complete on time, I just start tidying up... others suddenly feel exhausted after an intense few hours an drift off early... others are trying to pack a lot into the day and need to rush off. The 12 noon start can be variable also, coming too early can be an issue as I may not be ready before 12 (busy preparing lunch) but the world will not end if you need to come late, life will go on no problem.
    Doesn't sound like you have to do the whole five hours, remember that lunch is in there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

wicklowgaz wrote: »
    Anyone else been to Seraph or Portmarknock?

Regards

I went to Portmarnock last year with my wife, we got a groupon deal or somesuch, and we made 2 Xmas Decorations, a plate and two pottery pieces. We really enjoyed the day, and I'd recommend it to anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I've been to Seraph twice before and would thoroughly recommend their "clay days." Lunch is included in the price. :)

Advertisement