Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wedding nails

• 15-01-2014 12:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭

Hi girls I think I'm gonna do my own nails for my wedding I like doing it and I'm usually pretty good at it, so I'm hoping to do them the day before and have it last at least throughout the day after, can anyone reccomend a good polish and/or top coat that will last and be anti chip
    I'm thinking of something like one of these for nails just haven't fully decided yet!

Comments

OPI topcoat I think is fantastic,

I love the style of the nails you've linked to but I find that pastel colours can make your fingers look very dirty, I think you can see what I mean in the second pic.

The pink ones are fab :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

OPI topcoat I think is fantastic,

I love the style of the nails you've linked to but I find that pastel colours can make your fingers look very dirty, I think you can see what I mean in the second pic.

The pink ones are fab :)

Tbh I didn't notice it about fingers looking dirty until you pointed that out! It looks to b too much fake tan :)
    I love the pink ones too really striking!
    Is there a particular name on the top coat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Hi, a decent base coat will also help prevent chipping. Stick to the
    1 x base coat
    2 x colour
    1 x top coat and apply thin layers as when there's a lot of product on the nail, this is where it'll start to lift or chip.

For a good quality polish, OPI are generally a safe bet. Essie are really good too. The opi top coat I use is just called "top coat".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I'd second the recommendation of a base coat, I use the Revlon one & really like it. For a top coat, I use Sally Hansen Mega Shine (silver bottle with a blue lid). I find the Essie polishes good quality & even without a top coat they tend to last a couple of days without chipping for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

For staying power I don't think you can get better than seche vite. It does have a lot of nasty chemicals in the bottle and I wouldn't use it every but I always get a week out of my nails when I use it. Enjoy your big day and congrats!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

I like the pink mani better than the blue ones for a wedding.

Be sure to properly prep your nail first as this really helps the staying power of the polish - so clean the nail with nail polish remover and allow to dry. If you have a primer apply a tiny drop to each nail and allow to dry. I use an EZ Flow one. You can get them in salon supply stores or online (eBay etc). If you get this primer just be sure not to use it too close to the cuticle as it is an acid and will sting!

My fave base coat is CND Stickey which doesn't fully dry so it helps anchor the polish to the nail. Top coat has to be Seche Vite. It dries in minutes, makes any polish super glossy and will give you a good few days out of your mani.

Enjoy your day :)

Advertisement