Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying Forestry

• 15-01-2014 12:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭

If you buy Forestry that is say planted for a few years can you claim the remaining grant on it. As there are two rates farmer/non farmer if you buy non farmer forestry I presume that you only get non farmers rate if you can claim it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I'm pretty sure that's how it works; if you're eligible for forestry premium, you draw down the remainder of the existing premiums on the newly acquired forest.
    To the best of my knowledge, you can't 'upgrade' Non-Farmer Premiums to Farmer Premiums, even if you're a qualified farmer and/or already drawing Farmer Premium on other land.
    It would be worth getting a definitive answer from Teagasc or the Forest Service to be certain though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

Rovi wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that's how it works; if you're eligible for forestry premium, you draw down the remainder of the existing premiums on the newly acquired forest.
    To the best of my knowledge, you can't 'upgrade' Non-Farmer Premiums to Farmer Premiums, even if you're a qualified farmer and/or already drawing Farmer Premium on other land.
    It would be worth getting a definitive answer from Teagasc or the Forest Service to be certain though.
    Correct. You cannot upgrade, and to claim the farmer rate must be a farmer otherwise you go to the lower premium.

Advertisement