Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best (tastiest) cheap / reasonably priced places to eat (nearer Triinity the better)

Options
  • 15-01-2014 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

What are the tastiest places to eat a light meal if I was walking from Trinity college? My favourite type of food is Italian or Asian fusion (like Chinese/Thai/Malay) but I like anything that is tasty. Something reasonably priced like around €10 or less per person.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Take away or a proper sit-down restaurant? Asian-wise there's Yum Thai on Duke St. where you'll find some tasty noodle-based dishes and there's also Sushi King on Dawson st. if you like sushi.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭moving out

Passenger wrote: »
    Take away or a proper sit-down restaurant? Asian-wise there's Yum Thai on Duke St. where you'll find some tasty noodle-based dishes and there's also Sushi King on Dawson st. if you like sushi.
    Somewhere you can sit down is what I'm looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Up til 4pm,Mongolian BBQ in Temple Bar is 5.90 for lunch. Pick a bowl of meat, fill a bowl with veg, noodles and tofu, add spices abd sauce, gt it stir fried in front of you, served with a bowl of rice.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭moving out

Up til 4pm,Mongolian BBQ in Temple Bar is 5.90 for lunch. Pick a bowl of meat, fill a bowl with veg, noodles and tofu, add spices abd sauce, gt it stir fried in front of you, served with a bowl of rice.
    Sounds very good. Unfortunately I'll be going later than that and it's €12.90 for an all you can eat buffet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

It's about five mins walk from tcd but ukiyo on Exchequer St does a ten euro bento box every day which is the best value meal in Dublin (in my opinion).

It includes a meat dish, sushi pieces, tempura, salad, bowl of rice and miso soup.

The constituents change daily and are always delicious.

Maybe contact them to check that it's still ten euro in the evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

http://eatforafiver.com/ This is well worth a browse through. Some of the burrito places are a good price and Yum Thai on Duke street is handy if you don't have much time.

Advertisement