Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New customer - Absolutely appalled

Options
  • 15-01-2014 1:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭

I placed my order for broadband (and I was told I had to take home phone with it) on December 14th 2013. I was told a technician wouldn't be able to call out until January 7th to set everything up. As bad as that was, I accepted it and said fine.

I called a week later just to confirm that I would be getting the package I wanted and to confirm the price per month. I was told that I never placed an order for broadband. I called again an hour later, spoke to someone different and they told me the complete opposite: that the order was there and a technician would indeed call to me on the 7th.

Of course, no one called to my home on the 7th. So I phoned again, I've actually lost count of how many times. I was told the phone line wouldn't be activated until January 8th and I was to call back on January 9th to place an order for broadband DESPITE already placing one almost a month ago and even receiving a confirmation letter in the post on December 18th!! I was told the very latest it would be before I would have internet was January 13th.

I was even told by one agent to go out and buy a handset to test the line before calling them again! I was absolutely disgusted.

I finally received my modem on January 14th and plugged it in to find the DSL port/line wasn't activated at all. Called again and they told me “it should work anytime from now”… are you kidding me?! I logged into my Eircom after the call to find that it says the DSL port has been activated but still, it isn't. I tried to call Customer Care again after seeing this and was on hold for 45 minutes. No one took my call.

If it isn't up and running in the morning I will have no qualms about closing my account, cutting off the direct debit, and calling a better, more reliable and most importantly more respectful internet provider. And even if it does work, I will strongly consider doing so anyway. I have never in my life come across such blatantly disrespectful treatment toward a new customer and I know for a fact (after a quick browse of the Eircom forums) that I'm not the only one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭NicoleL88

It's still not working. Currently waiting to speak to customer care.

Spent 15 minutes on hold despite being told my wait time was less than 10 minutes and then was told I wasn't happy with the service and asked why it wasn't connected today and was told "It'll be connected tomorrow!"... and then "Ok Ill pass you to cancellations" whereupon my call was dropped.

Eircom, go f*ck yourselves.

Advertisement