Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backwards ID rumour?

Options
  • 15-01-2014 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Im going on a J1 to Chicago this Summer. Heard a rumour that due to American dates being written MM/DD/YY, that it's possible to get by without actually being 21. In my case, my birthday is 02/09/93, and I've been told that any and all bouncers will think I was 21 on the 9th of February.

Anyone heard anything similar/experienced this first hand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Get Real

Yeah, my friend did the J1, similar birthday to yourself in that it could be "switched around". worked most of the time. I mean, they grow up reading it that way just as we do the other way so naturally they presumed, however, the odd one or two might cop on and re switch it round, knowing dates are read in the DD/MMformat here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

***** Boards.ie does not condone, advice, suggest or support illegal activity in any way, and that includes in other countries. This thread is closed *****

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement