Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speed Vans

Options
  • 15-01-2014 3:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I was travelling today on a road doing about 70km in 60 zone, when i spotted a speed van (go safe) about 100 yards away, parked in the other side off the road and its front facing me. i then braked to below the speed limit. just wondering has anyone any experience of being in a similar situation or can the vans even detect your speed before you come to them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

If your spedo says you were doing 70 then you were probalby doing 64-66. There is a measurement error bound in the system, which is subtracted from the speed the machine thinks you are doing. Not sure if that will save you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Barlivia

cav93 wrote: »
    I was travelling today on a road doing about 70km in 60 zone, when i spotted a speed van (go safe) about 100 yards away, parked in the other side off the road and its front facing me. i then braked to below the speed limit. just wondering has anyone any experience of being in a similar situation or can the vans even detect your speed before you come to them

Your grand relax camera is only out the back window

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Barlivia wrote: »
    Your grand relax camera is only out the back window

Think very carefully about lying on that particular rock!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Think very carefully about lying on that particular rock!

He is right..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Truckermal wrote: »
    He is right..

He is? Huh, could almost swear I saw a lens in place of the passenger compartment on some.. Unless its just some equipment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

He is? Huh, could almost swear I saw a lens in place of the passenger compartment on some.. Unless its just some equipment?

No lens only in the back window allthough the go safe vans have a camera mounted over the windscreen which is for surveillance only.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭matt70iu

cav93 wrote: »

Can Confirm you're ok OP. Although they do measure traffic in both directions, coming towards the front of the van they only measure your speed as you're coming away from the back window of the van.

Know this because if my own stupidity 80e lighter and 2 points up:)

Got done for 61 in a 50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

matt70iu wrote: »
    Can Confirm you're ok OP. Although they do measure traffic in both directions, coming towards the front of the van they only measure your speed as you're coming away from the back window of the van.

Know this because if my own stupidity 80e lighter and 2 points up:)

Got done for 61 in a 50

This is correct. ;)

Advertisement