Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

REALLY big mixing bowls?

Options
  • 15-01-2014 4:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Know any shops (preferably not too far from downtown Ballybricken area...) where you can get those really big stainless steel mixing bowls? (I just tried looking for "kitchen" and "cooking" on goldenpages.ie and google maps, but didn't find much.)

I mean the type where you can just about fit your arms around the rim, kinda thing.

I just started five cabbages soaking in brine for kimchi, and found I won't have enough room to stir in the seasonings when they're done pickling...

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Not sure about mixing bowls but I've seen massive huge cooking pots in the shop down by centra on the quays that sells asian food. The pots are way down at the back of the shop...least they were when I was in it around a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Cabaal wrote: »
    Not sure about mixing bowls but I've seen massive huge cooking pots in the shop down by centra on the quays that sells asian food. The pots are way down at the back of the shop...least they were when I was in it around a year ago.
    Is that Spiceworld, where the Late Late Shop used to be?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Is that Spiceworld, where the Late Late Shop used to be?

Wouldn't be 100% sure I'm afraid,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Guineys might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I've seen them in the catering section of the cash and carry on Keane's road. Not sure they will sell to the public but mayhap worth a tel call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Tk max might be worth a look, they've a lot of bowls and kitchen stuff in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Blaacraw

Thanks all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Would one of the big saucepans like a stock pot or a pot for boiling large hams do? If so Heatons have them.

There are a couple on this page, I got one a while back and it's big enough to put a turkey in when I soak it in brine.

http://www.heatonsstores.com/category/Pots%20%20Pans/1502070000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Spiceworld on the Quay and Musgraves at the six cross roads have a reasonable stock after that try www.nisbets.ie really huge range of catering supplies and good prices/

Advertisement