Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to clean Caterpillar Stickshift Leather 6" Boots - (colour) Sundance?

• 15-01-2014 4:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi. I bought a pair of these a couple of months ago and they're Sundance in colour which is a mid to light tan. I've no idea how to clean these. I rubbed them down with a damp cloth but that removed some of the dye from the leather. I've used Suede, Nubuck & Fabric Cleaner. It doesn't seem to do much do much, maybe I didn't use enough.

Can they be polished using a shoe polish or a cream? Where on Earth would I find an exact match? I bought a light tan cream but I don't know if I can use it and it's not a match.

I was thinking of mixing the light tan cream with something like Neatsfoot oil and rubbing that into the boots. They're starting to crease up and they need a waterproofer. Is that a good idea?

What do other owners of these boots or similar do? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

712705?op_usm=0.5,1.0,1.0&wid=807&hei=501&qlt=80&fmt=png-alpha&resMode=sharp

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Mine aren't Caterpillar boots, but I use suede cleaner on my tan suede boots (I dampen them slightly first) and then brush them with a nail brush (fairly hard, circular motions) then buff with a dry cloth. Leave them to dry near a radiator.
    Slightly off topic but I read the title of your post as 'how to clean caterpillar shit off leather boots' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 nintendo2kop

Thanks for the advice but it's for leather boots that I need help. Most of the videos on youtube are for suede and I can't find one of somebody cleaning these boots. There are some silly cleaning caterpillar boots videos like someone recorded themselves standing in a bath with their boots submerged and another video has someone wiping their feet covered in mud on what looks like bed covers. They're prank videos. I need help with these exact boots. Thanks though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

No worries, evidently I misread your post twice! It might be worth emailing the company for their advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 nintendo2kop

Bump!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Try a suede block maybe? It's like a coarse rubber. Works well on its own but for deeper stains you can use it along side nubuck foam cleaners. For suede shoes and bags, the foam cleaners are they only ones I've found to truly work. I know they sell the blocks in barratts as I used to work there but I'd imagine any shoe store would sell them, maybe even large supermarkets too. Think they were around €3 or so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement