Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fifa is incredible

Options
  • 15-01-2014 5:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

gotta hand it to EA after years and years of being terrible they really got the game right eventually. its near perfect. only problem is how much effort they put into some of the features in the game such as editing, and little details like players wearing long sleeves in cold conditions seem to totally pass EA by. they also should start to add classic teams in the game. i really want to play as a properly licensed Real Madrid galaticos or Man United 99.

They need to give more customisable options to players, like giving players new hairstyles, also imo they need to diversify the stats in the game as there simply isn't enough to make each player unique. A pretty fundamental attribute such as teamwork seems missing from the game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

You're joking right?:confused:
    Its far from perfect. Pace whores still rule and this is one feature EA will never block. If they did over 50% of the people playing Fifa wouldn't be able to win a match and wouldn't bother buying future versions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

the last thing i want to see is what they have in PES where pace becomes obsolete, improve your defending

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

FIFA 14 on Xbox One/PS4 is an excellent game, it really is. However, on 360/PS3 the game is completely uninspiring and crap, the games are built on different engines and while the similarities are there, where it matters (shooting, passing, control) they are worlds apart.

I bought FIFA 14 on 360 when it came out because I knew I could upgrade for €15 when I got an Xbox One. I thought it was crap. I tried to get a career mode going but it was no fun at all and I played a total of 6 games before giving up due to total lack of enjoyment. I played about 10 games of Ultimate Team, didn't like it at all.

On Xbox One I've played 2 full seasons with FC Koln in the Bundesliga, and half a season with Man United in career mode. I've played about 30 games of Ultimate Team (busy with career) and some Seasons, I've had the console for about 3 weeks. I can't get enough of next gen FIFA and I am genuinely excited for FIFA 15 and a potential World Cup 2014 game (anyone know the story with that actually?).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Blazer wrote: »
    You're joking right?:confused:
    Its far from perfect. Pace whores still rule and this is one feature EA will never block. If they did over 50% of the people playing Fifa wouldn't be able to win a match and wouldn't bother buying future versions.

What's is pace whoring? I have an idea (and if right it is something that really annoys me as well!) but was just interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

niallo24 wrote: »
    What's is pace whoring? I have an idea (and if right it is something that really annoys me as well!) but was just interested?

pace whores are guys who pick players like Walcott/Lennon etc and basically just lob the ball forward for these players to run onto.
    It was grand on the 360..after playing one of these gimps you could tell your xbox not to play this guy ever again.. but I don't see that option on XB1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Blazer wrote: »
    pace whores are guys who pick players like Walcott/Lennon etc and basically just lob the ball forward for these players to run onto.
    It was grand on the 360..after playing one of these gimps you could tell your xbox not to play this guy ever again.. but I don't see that option on XB1

eh im sorry but that is a tactic teams employ defend deeper :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

EdenHazard wrote: »
    eh im sorry but that is a tactic teams employ defend deeper :rolleyes:

Have to agree with this, work on your defending, pick a team with pacey defenders, pace is an important part of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

learn the kick off glitch that can help :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It's all relative. Everyone thinks they are great at the game because that's human nature but unless you are playing against the really good set of players.....you wont notice the deep flaws in the engine that have been there since Fifa 12 when "Tactical defending" replaced legacy defending.

It's likely EdenHazard is playing fairly mediocre opponents and just isn't noticing the problems in the game. Lofted through balls have a massive margin of error and are simply too easy to perform. You can't blame everyone for abusing them because it's effective.

The tackling system is severely broken as players get pushed off the ball and the game plays on instead of giving the foul. There is no way to shield the ball. You have to simply turn away from the opponent. You can't defend the ball from the tackler....you must simply dribble in the opposite direction.

This coupled with the fact that stamina is irrelevant and players can sprint around the pitch for the entire game with no penalty, and you have a fairly broken game. It's not noticeable unless you are playing the guys who know how to exploit it.

If you play enough games and get your MMR high enough, you will encounter it. I have fairly high win % in division 1 but I simply had to stop playing because even when I won, I wasn't having fun. This game needs work.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Didn't enjoy it on the ps3, but it takes me a while to warm to any new edition of the game, however i think it is much smoother where it matters as mentioned above.

What does my head in is the throw in, is it just me or is it impossible now to take a quick one?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

There is a thread with 57 pages about Fifa 14..why start another one??

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056927824

thread closed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement