Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constantine (US) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,774 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Matt Ryan Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior cast as John Constantine.

The Show has been picked up NBC and will be produced and written by David S. Goyer.

I don't think Constantine will work on Network TV in the States. Neil Marshall is slated to direct according to IMDB so there is some hope there.

Source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,055 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

That looks..... pretty spot on actually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

Well they've certainly got the look right. Hopefully this will be based on the Hellblazer comic and not the current Constantine one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

We smoke but not him smoking. Do Network USA shows allow smoking on them? I ask because can't think of any seen lately where they smoke. I know it's not make or break if he smokes it just nice little touch if he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

Well he is the Voice of Eward Kenway from the creed game 4.

Was good as the voice.

I still think James Masters rocks and would have pulled off the trench coat and the lighter....

plus spike did that so does John Constantine.

I mean Arrow is good and shocked saying that still.

And was talking to kids today and they look arrow.

But are DC the not jumping the gun

by flooding people with all these characters

Constantine, Green Arrow, Flash,

Gotham well Gotham is about the villains but you get what I mean.

Despite all this I remember loving Plastic man cartoon when I was a kid I could not take my eyes off him what a great characters.

And as for frank miller bringing him back in batman graphic novels wow

NBC has ordered to series Constantine, based on characters from DC Comics about a supernatural detective who finds himself having to defend the world against dark forces. Constantine stars Matt Ryan as detective John Constantine, as well as Sons of Anarchy‘s Harold Perrineau (Manny); True Blood‘s Lucy Griffiths (Liv), and True Detective‘s Charles Halford (Chas).

That's a pretty solid cast all round. I'll be looking forward to this even if it's on a Network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,188 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've read on a comics board that it's a decent representation of the comics based on that trailer

And maybe someone can change the thread title, if we're going to use this thread, or should we craete a new one to discuss this show?

• Advertisement

I like the look of that alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Yeah, looks more authenticated to the comics than the Keanu Reeves movie which is alway a good thing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

Hard to tell much from a trailer, but the accent seemed a bit odd, where was it supposed to be from? I've always thought of him having a London accent reading the comics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

According to Wikia (usually reliable fan wikis) he's a Liverpudlian based in London.

I've not read enough of the books to know if the tone of the show matches the character well, though I doubt the stories we'll see will match the utterly ****ed up nature of some of the stories I have read (mainly from Original Sins).

Have to say that this is really shaping up nicely. The trailer is fantastic and it does appear that they have retained the essence of the comic. Now, there is no way they will ever go to the places the comic does but that's not necessarily a bad thing given that a lot of what works in the comic wouldn't work on-screen. Alongside Gotham it would seem that more adult superhero fare is making a come back, that said there's a distinct Supernatural feel to that trailer and I really hope that Constantine does enough not to come across simply as The Dreden Files by way of Supernatural.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

As an avid fan of the Hellblazer comics, this trailer looks fantastic. Obviously holding off judgement until I see the finished product but I'm really hopeful for this. :)

any word on when it airs?

Should find out this week but all we know so far is Fridays in the new season. So probably August or September.

Edit: NBC's Upfronts were today so seems it was just the day that was announced. No start date

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Is it right I'm worried that he pronounced his name Constanteen instead of Constantine at the beginning of that new trailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

The actors welsh accent has been distractingly prominent in all the trailers so far . Scouse or cockney I could take but having him sound like Rob Brydon is pushing the envelope for me in a Dramatic series(comedies fine).

• Advertisement

pilot out on usu source

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Never read the comics, never seen the movies. This looks like it could be good though, a very decent trailer.

A good start with lots of potential.

entertaining & fun to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Thought it was a bit Meh tbh, yer mans Welsh accent was still coming through clear as a bell and there was a samey been here before feeling to it, whether that's down to it borrowing so liberally from the film or 10 seasons of Supernatural I don't know.

I think it definitely will suffer with that as it moves forward. The John Carter syndrome whereby even tho Carter/hellblazer came first their tropes have seeped so deeply into popular culture that they now seem derivative.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Enjoyed it but don't think the demon of the week with a big bad at the end could get boring fast, so hopefully they spice it up as it goes along.

I really dislike how they keep doing casting announcements like this. Imagine if they said nothing and then it's a big surprise and shock when she's written out. Like first season of Angel.

Another that is annoying is the recent Flash casting announcement.

Even if the sites would mark them as spoilers, by instead they put them in their headlines

This is why I believe the studios leak the pilots early now to get the fanboys first thoughts instead of critics.

They then trawl messages boards to get reactions and have a few months to make chances if they get bad reactions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Like first season of Angel.

Another that is annoying is the recent Flash casting announcement.

who was changed in Angel and what is the recent Flash news?

Advertisement