Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sole wear on Asics gel-cumulus 15

Options
  • 15-01-2014 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi
    I was wondering if anyone else running in the black, white and blue cumulus 15 has notice their sole wearing down at an alarming rate.
    I do an average of 80-100km a week in and out of work and have done so for years. I always buy runners in pairs and rotate them every 2nd day and I know that I get 6 months wear on average from each set of runners. I have been through a variety of different Asics runners and though a couple of the older versions of the cumulus, but the wear on the 15s soles outer heel area after just 6 weeks looks like what I would normally expect to see after 5 months running in them . The tops , interiors and much of the rest of the sole are etc are all still fine but the black sole material seems to be wearing at an alarming rate in the outer heel to the point where its already through to the blue material.
    Has anyone else noticed this with the cumulus 15s – have Asics done something to the sole material?
    Has anyone experienced this in other Asics models?
    All feedback appreciated
    Ta
    Pat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jk_Eire

Have they recently updated the structure of the Cumulus 15? The construction of the runner might be leading you to hit the ground with the outer heal with more force or friction.

Advertisement