Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are RSS feeds on your site a SERP enhancer?

Options
  • 15-01-2014 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭

Is caputuring inward RSS feeds on your site from industry/topic relevant news/journal/blog sites a positive for SERP rankings?
    If so what do you think are the best methodogies/software to use for implementation?

Cheers

Peter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dgerryd

I'm not a 100% sure but I do know there are people who know exactly what and how to use RSS feeds to their advantage and they have been doing it for years I wouldn't try this out on anything I valued without knowing what I was exactly doing and I don't so I'm not saying do it but here are 1 or 2 places you can get a bit more quality info if you wanted to look into it http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/ for rewiring the web in an advanced type of way I used to use to automate twitter profiles and this site uses RSS http://affposts.com/ it might not be posted as RSS as its main content it could be curated in some way. In fact I think most news and media use RSS too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 vonievega

Google are on the threshold of changing/removing/deleting Real Simple Syndication, things have moved on.... It does nothing for SERP.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dgerryd

As I would probably have to agree for it doing nothing for serps but as for google getting rid of RSS I would really doubt that as google use it themselves along with yahoo and other major players and many top sites use it.I could be wrong of course

Advertisement