Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One-stop Entrepreneur Helpline

Options
  • 15-01-2014 11:32am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭

As someone who was recently a employer but who is in the process of going back to paid employment I found it interesting recently when listening to somebody on six-one advise that the government should have a particular place where new entrepreneurs can ring/go into if they have queries or to seek advise. I think it would be very helpful as sometimes you don't know where to turn to when you are new to the game. If anybody can find the interview in question if they can forward it on here that would be great!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

I expect this is what you are referring to but I dont think they have been fully rolled out yet, Fingal has the demo model http://www.djei.ie/press/2013/20130520.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I think that would be a great idea. I went to Citizens Advice when I was starting up and all they said was sorry your're on your own there is no one out there to help you. I figured they must be wrong there are loads of supports both financial and non out there but it would be handy if there was one place you could go to find out all the different things available to you both from the government and non-government bodies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

It might be good for legal advice or any red tape issue. But I can't imagine a civil servant who has never worked in a private sector firm having a good solution for most forms issues. Maybe experienced business people would be the best staff for a helpline

I went to a meeting as part of that Fingal thing and I was like wow this is perfect they were talking about all the mentoring they would be offering and all the courses that were going to be available and that they would be in touch soon. Never heard from them.

• Advertisement

jimmii wrote: »
    I went to a meeting as part of that Fingal thing and I was like wow this is perfect they were talking about all the mentoring they would be offering and all the courses that were going to be available and that they would be in touch soon. Never heard from them.

This is about multistage PR, They will be announced several times as "new" initiatives and then hopefully will be delivered. I actually think it is a much better system, but time will tell!

Fingers crossed they nail it because it would certainly be a big help.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭micromary

Could not agree more! Maybe get their finger out and get the right people for this type of thing then throwing money down the drain with regards Irish Water. What a joke. Thanks Big Phil. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

There is no better place for advise than here on boards.ie. One will never find a more educated knowledge base.

Just ask the right questions and listen.....

Cheers Oliver

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭micromary

Boards should not replace a government service. Its fine getting advise here but the government itself should get qualified non civil servants who are knowledgeable in setting up their own business and can meet or talk with budding entrepreneurs and offer helpful advise. There is no substitute for that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement