Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I just throw it away and start again?

Options
  • 15-01-2014 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

Hey there,

Looking for advice from people. I put on a Coopers IPA kit on 26th November last. In the run up to Christmas I had hoped to rack this to Secondary (I know, I know, some it's a bit like Marmite, you either love it or hate it... and I love racking to Secondary), but events took over and never got around to it. I put the fermenter in a not-too-often-seen place and I kinda forgot about it.

I haven't looked at, or tasted, it since before Christmas so couldn't tell how good it is.

Was wondering if anyone has continued the process from Primary after the brew has been sitting on the trube for over a month and gotten good results?

Have a few days off over the next while so will either rack it or dump it and put on another brew. Advice most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Should be fine, keep going.

I would never throw a beer out unless I was absolutely sure I wasn't going to drink it and I needed the container back.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭lang

BeerNut wrote: »
    Should be fine, keep going.

I would never throw a beer out unless I was absolutely sure I wasn't going to drink it and I needed the container back.

Well, I don't need the container back immediately so think (unless others disagree) I'll continue on. I'll have a 'sample' later to make sure it will be drinkable... purely quality control really.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Even if it doesn't taste good I'd still keep going. Live beer can change dramatically over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭lang

Then we are decided. I'll have to get onto that in the next day or so. Thanks for the advice.

Advertisement