Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traditional Irish Dance Show - Where?

Options
  • 15-01-2014 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi!

My mom is coming to visit me from abroad and I want to take her to see a Traditional Irish Dance show in mid February.
    Do you know a place that does it good and is not too pricey?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Arlington Hotel and Johnny Foxes are two places I know that do it.
    I mate brought his parents to the Arlington one and really enjoyed it.
    not sure on cost though

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gotanna

Arlington is almost 34 euro pp. I was thinking of sth around 20pp.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

http://www.jig.ie/irish-dancing-shows.html
    I've never heard of this, but seems cheaper... probably becuse you're not forced into a dinner package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

gotanna wrote: »
    Arlington is almost 34 euro pp. I was thinking of sth around 20pp.

That's in package with dinner, but I think (at least that how it was a couple of years ago) that you can also sit at the bar and just have drinks as you watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gotanna

Ohh okay, I will defo check this out. Thanks:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 David Teacher

I know this is a bit late, but Irish Nights in the Belvedere hotel is really good. Professional show and and the dancing is excellent. The music is also really really good, with a good mix of traditional Irish and a few more contemporary tunes.
    You also have the choice of dinner & show, or you can just see the show by itself.
    Hope this is helpful to anyone else who reads this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dubbie82

There is one in the Tivoli called the Irish House Party, not sure what it is like tho.

The one in the Belvedere Hotels is good, food nice and the dancers are brilliant.

Also there is the Merry Ploughboy which is not the cheapest and gets very very busy but great music and dancing and the food too is fantastic.

The Arlington have two locations one Batchelors Walk and the Temple Bar location too.

Fitzsimons Hotel also have a show, not sure if this is a dinner package tho but as far as I know any of the locations above do it as a entertainment only option too.

Also I believe there is a museum of irish dance in the powerscourt townhouse and they have irish dancing at certain times.

Plus http://www.visitdublin.com/See_and_Do/Local_Activities/Traditional_Irish_Music_and_Dance has a whole section on trad music, shows and events.

But why don't you check out http://comhaltas.ie/events/ they have lots of events and sessions over the coming months and they are not that commercial and touristy like some of the other shows.

Advertisement