Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nameing the Spire after Mandela

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

How about they call it "The Millennium Spire".

Has a nice ring to it & politicians & civil servants can get back to doing their job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Is anyone else sick of DCC's obsession with naming things after people? Especially both first and last names...

For example that new "Rosie Hackett" bridge. How ridiculous. At least just call it Hackett Bridge for gods sake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

On a similar note, but a bit off topic, does anyone know why "Con Colbert Road" [mentioned in AA traffic reports with monotonous regularity] is not simply called "Colbert Road."?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

On a similar note, but a bit off topic, does anyone know why "Con Colbert Road" [mentioned in AA traffic reports with monotonous regularity] is not simply called "Colbert Road."?

Because the nation would assume the AA presenter is mispronouncing a bridge dedicated to Stephen Colbert.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The motion to change the name was defeated unanimously. To be fair, it had been out forward by a member of the public, so I apologise to DCC for the slagging off I gave them earlier.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/dublins-spire-will-not-be-named-in-honour-of-the-late-nelson-mandela-29919852.html

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

What about the Bono Spire? Because it's like a giant prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

LOL @ chopper6 doing a little hatchet-job on Bono's integrity.

(See what I did there? :p)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

LOL @ chopper6 doing a little hatchet-job on Bono's integrity.

(See what I did there? :p)

Bit of politics combined with low-level punning...it's what the dublin forum is all about. :)

Advertisement