Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meter Readings have abnormally increased

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭masterboy123

if day meter units are counted as night then its good bcoz day unit price is much higher than night unit price.
    i did download the Check kwh Meter app but unable to understand how exactly i am supposed to use it :( can u please guide me more into details on how to use this app accurately, i dont have electric kettle.

there is no arrow on my meter to show active dial. i am attaching picture of it, please check it below:
    http://tinypic.com/r/bijlds/8

frankmul wrote: »
    Just curious that your night usage is so high relative to day usage. Can you check the meter to see if day units are been counted as night and the other way area. If it is a mechanical meter, there is an arrow which point to the active dial. I'm not sure how to tell with a digital meter.
    Did you try out the check kWh meter app I mentioned before?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭garroff

Look at red flag at right hand side between readings. It is in the up position...therefore DAY units are being counted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

alright after 12 midnight i will check if the red button is downwards or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭garroff

Don't panic if the flag is slow/fast by a few minutes

• Advertisement

i hear a click every night near main electric switchbox around 11:59 PM, so i will check the meter after hearing this click.
    garroff wrote: »
    Don't panic if the flag is slow/fast by a few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭techdiver

Sorry to resurrect my old thread, but this could be of interest to people. Seems I was patient zero of a much larger issue.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/1220/840106-esb-networks-electricity/

Advertisement