Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eVision + eFibre = Zero!

Options
  • 15-01-2014 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

[font=Bookman Old Style","serif]Eircom Team,[/font]

[font=Bookman Old Style","serif]I've eFibre 50mb line with unlimited data, installed since Oct 2013 period. I’m 100m from cab. eVision was installed on Jan 10th 2014, morning installation so worked fine. Similar to other Eircom customers I’m currently experiencing severe drop-off in speeds, this drop off means that every evening since eVision was installed I’m unable to view or record any channels without pausing or screen distortion.   [/font]

[font=Bookman Old Style","serif]I've spoken with your tech support teams on two occasions this week, yesterday evening I was informed that issue was on Eircom backend and just to keep testing until I see improvement given Eircom are investigating full network![/font]

[font=Bookman Old Style","serif]Attached are the speeds that I witnessed yesterday, if I don’t see an improvement within 7days I will be returning the eVision box with understanding that I will revert to original 12mth phone/BB contract as you are unable to provide me with a working TV service. If I don’t see an improvement with overall eFibre speeds within 30days then I will see it that Eircom are also unable to provide me with eFibre broadband thus I will be looking to exit original contract at no early termination exit fees liability etc. I will update you daily with speeds that I’m witnessing until such time as issue is fixed or the 30days period I mentioned above is exceeded.[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 keanep1

Eircom Team,

Results from January 15th attached...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

out of interest what are you using to capture the info - are you just doing speedtest.net and sticking into a spreadsheet or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

keanep1 wrote: »
    Eircom Team,

I've eFibre 50mb line with unlimited data, installed since Oct 2013 period. I’m 100m from cab. eVision was installed on Jan 10th 2014, morning installation so worked fine. Similar to other Eircom customers I’m currently experiencing severe drop-off in speeds, this drop off means that every evening since eVision was installed I’m unable to view or record any channels without pausing or screen distortion.   

I've spoken with your tech support teams on two occasions this week, yesterday evening I was informed that issue was on Eircom backend and just to keep testing until I see improvement given Eircom are investigating full network!

Attached are the speeds that I witnessed yesterday, if I don’t see an improvement within 7days I will be returning the eVision box with understanding that I will revert to original 12mth phone/BB contract as you are unable to provide me with a working TV service. If I don’t see an improvement with overall eFibre speeds within 30days then I will see it that Eircom are also unable to provide me with eFibre broadband thus I will be looking to exit original contract at no early termination exit fees liability etc. I will update you daily with speeds that I’m witnessing until such time as issue is fixed or the 30days period I mentioned above is exceeded.
    Hi Keanep1

Please follow this link, this should explain the recent slow speeds you are experiencing, I'm hoping to have a further update later today:

http://community.eircom.net/t5/Service-Updates-and/Recent-service-issues/td-p/56284

Thanks

Al

Eircom Team,

I've eFibre 50mb line with unlimited data, installed since Oct 2013 period. I’m 100m from cab. eVision was installed on Jan 10th 2014, morning installation so worked fine. Similar to other Eircom customers I’m currently experiencing severe drop-off in speeds, this drop off means that every evening since eVision was installed I’m unable to view or record any channels without pausing or screen distortion.   

I've spoken with your tech support teams on two occasions this week, yesterday evening I was informed that issue was on Eircom backend and just to keep testing until I see improvement given Eircom are investigating full network!

Attached are the speeds that I witnessed yesterday, if I don’t see an improvement within 7days I will be returning the eVision box with understanding that I will revert to original 12mth phone/BB contract as you are unable to provide me with a working TV service. If I don’t see an improvement with overall eFibre speeds within 30days then I will see it that Eircom are also unable to provide me with eFibre broadband thus I will be looking to exit original contract at no early termination exit fees liability etc. I will update you daily with speeds that I’m witnessing until such time as issue is fixed or the 30days period I mentioned above is exceeded.
    Hi Keanep1

Please follow this link, this should explain the recent slow speeds you are experiencing, I'm hoping to have a further update later today:

http://community.eircom.net/t5/Service-Updates-and/Recent-service-issues/td-p/56284

Thanks

Al
    Cheers Al,

Tech support stated last night about divers in Irish Sea and TBH I rolled my eyes as assumed it as a "tale"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Eircom Team,

Hi Keanep1

Thanks

Al
    Cheers Al,

Tech support stated last night about divers in Irish Sea and TBH I rolled my eyes as assumed it as a "tale"...

No worries keanep1

Hopefully it will be resolved soon

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

out of interest what are you using to capture the info - are you just doing speedtest.net and sticking into a spreadsheet or something?
    Hey, yes recording results into excel sheet and then use snipping tool to save as pic...

Advertisement