Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talk-to forums - IE11

Options
  • 15-01-2014 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭

Hi there. I'm using IE11 and I'm finding some strange issues with the talk-to forums. I don't have the same issues with the other forums on boards.ie

- I'm unable to copy and paste text. When I try to highlight text in a post, it starts to highlight and then the highlighting stops.

- If I try to reply to a post or start a new thread, the cursor keeps jumping back to the main textbox as if I want to continue typing.

For example, if I go to insert a link. I cannot actually click into the link box or description, I click the "link" textbox and the cursor immediately jumps back to the main textbox.
    Another example, I click into the "search this thread" textbox, the cursor immediately jumps back to the main textbox as if I want to continue typing my post.
    The focus appears to be locked on the main posting textbox.

Does that make sense?

I've tried it on a few machines with IE11 and am seeing the same quirks. It works fine on Chrome, so I guess it's just an IE11 issue?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Boards.ie: Alvis

Hello.

What version of IE11 is this? I have 11.0.9600.16476 on a test VM and do not experience any of these issues are you describing. Does your device also have touch? (Touchscreen laptop etc.)

Thanks for the report though, will continue investigating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

11.0.9600.16476 on Windows 7. Three machines having the same problem.

To recreate it on all three machines:

- go to a Talk To forum.
    - reply to a post
    - click to insert a link
    - I'm unable to click into the "link" or "description" textbox

I've attached a screenshot. I cannot type in either of the textboxes. The focus automatically goes back to the main reply window that sits "behind" the insert link window shown in the screenshot.

This only occurs on the talk to forums. The regular boards.ie forums are fine.

Any update on this bug? It's getting rather annoying.

I have a brand new Win 8 machine in front of me now, IE version 11.0.9600.16476. It has the exact same problem. There is definitely a bug with this version of IE11.

Sorry on the delay about this, we are working on it.

https://github.com/samclarke/SCEditor/issues/261 appears to be closely related to your issue. We are using SCEditor in the TalkTo's. Will let you know soon as it's fixed.

Sorry for the delay on this, but I've patched up SCEditor to make it behave somewhat better now in IE11.

There is still a problem with the URL dialogue, but overall it shouldn't be as bad as it was. The cursor won't keep jumping back to the main post form as much.

We'll continue ironing out the other issues but just wanted to let you know.

• Advertisement

Only got around to testing this today and it appears to be working normally now. Thanks Alvis.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement