Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printing the crest?

Options
  • 15-01-2014 1:06pm

I was printing off a project one day and I had the UL crest on the title page for aesthetic reasons. There was some auld one nearby and she started telling me it was forbidden to print the crest without the university's permission.

I think she was just being a miserable, barmy old cow but could she be right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Technically, I would say yes. :)

http://www2.ul.ie/pdf/567279072.pdf

Lunacy. But that does not just apply to employees and staff vis a vis UL promotional products? I mean an impoverished student isn't really what the document is aimed at (I could be wrong as I didn't manage to read all the legal speak contained inside).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Tell her politely to go fcuk off and stop being nosey looking at your stuff.

There are thousands of assignments handed in every semester with the UL logo on them. I dont think anyone will be going to court of getting fined anytime soon. People dont even seek permission to get the logo on their class hoodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Eletal

garv123 wrote: »
    People dont even seek permission to get the logo on their class hoodies.

Yes they do, hence the slogans on the back can be vetoed by the university. Didn't some nursing class get brought in because they used an un approved slogan and then a nurse saw it, got offended and threatened to sue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Eletal wrote: »
    Yes they do, hence the slogans on the back can be vetoed by the university. Didn't some nursing class get brought in because they used an un approved slogan and then a nurse saw it, got offended and threatened to sue.

Should have said group hoodies, class hoodies are done through the SU normally.

C&S's who still get the uni logo don't seek permission for it either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

I was printing off a project one day and I had the UL crest on the title page for aesthetic reasons. There was some auld one nearby and she started telling me it was forbidden to print the crest without the university's permission.

I think she was just being a miserable, barmy old cow but could she be right?
    I put the logo on the cover page of most of projects without anything said, wouldnt worry about it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

How slow would the approval department be if they had to approve the logo on every fyp.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Jester252 wrote: »
    How slow would the approval department be if they had to approve the logo on every fyp.

Your children would be in college by the time you would get approval I reckon

Advertisement