Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bodhran Player Wanted!

• 15-01-2014 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hello.

I am looking for a good Bodhran player who may be interested in getting involved with a Folk artist. I have other musicians involved with what I am doing, but in order to give some tracks some extra rhythm, I am hoping to get a good solid Bodhran player on board.
    The music is original and I have an upcoming album release (May 2014) with some live shows and busking sessions coming up.

If interested, by all means drop me a PM here.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭RoysKeen

Dublin based.

Bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Hi Royskeen I'm based in Galway but will be coming up to Dublin the weekend of the 7th-9th February, I'm going to see Moderat at Vicar St on the Sunday, but will be free Friday and Saturday so will probably be staying in a hostel or even a mates place if possible. If its worth my while and the pay is not bad I would be willing to make the trip up for gigs, recording, practice etc. This is the only audio example online of a bunch of reels I done with Danish box player Anders Trabjerg http://niallmcquaid.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/05-master-crowleys-the-glenn-of-aherlow-jenny-pickling-cockles.mp3 and a few video clips of us at Callander in Scotland last year as another group.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Ah well, you must have found a bodhran player, good luck with the group.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

bump.

• Advertisement
Advertisement