Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best blazers for men

• 15-01-2014 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭

Hi just wondering if anyone has an idea of the best place to by a blazer for a young man! Not looking for the type you might see some old man in a pub wearing but something smart and stylish without being over the top.

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

As, in a sports jacket / coat? Like this?

J.Crew_Harvest_Herringbone_Ludlow_Sports_Coat.jpg

Lots of places do them; M&S have a large range of sports jackets and blazers, not all tweedy "old man" style, the Collezione range have a good selection and they aren't too expensive either. I would go there rather than somewhere like H&M or Topman, with blazers you want to stick to a good, classic shape and style. Get it tailored so it fits and gives you a good sillhouette; stick a pocket square in the top pocket and you're away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Lots of places do them; M&S have a large range of sports jackets and blazers, not all tweedy "old man" style, the Collezione range have a good selection and they aren't too expensive either. I would go there rather than somewhere like H&M or Topman, with blazers you want to stick to a good, classic shape and style. Get it tailored so it fits and gives you a good sillhouette; stick a pocket square in the top pocket and you're away.

Thank you yes a sports coat that's what i meant! What exactly is the difference? I'll check out M&S next time im in town for sure, thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭miss-p

Zara have a really good men's selection too. Some of them are very trendy but their basic ones are lovely and are nice and fitted :)

miss-p wrote: »
    Zara have a really good men's selection too. Some of them are very trendy but their basic ones are lovely and are nice and fitted :)

The only thing about Zara is their jackets tend to be quite short; which is OK if you're a skinny male model, but for the average person a too-short jacket is not something you can get away with often.

Oh and the difference between a blazer and a sports coat: Blazers tend to be solid colour / navy with gold or metal buttons, whereas sports coats can be different colours and patterns. A blazer is just one kind of sports coat, and tend to be more formal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭amklo

Next also do nice blazers for guys in their 20's/30's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

miss-p wrote: »

I've tried some of Zara's jackets before and in general i find all their clothes aren't tailored for my build, their clothes seem to be more for the very thin/slim builds and while im lean im quite broad across the shoulders and chest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Some of the men's suit shops along South Anne Street and Dawson Street have really lovely sports jackets at the moment and many of them are on sale. The OH picked up a few recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I go this one the other day, fits pretty good and a ridiculous price:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CFCRF4U/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I go this one the other day, fits pretty good and a ridiculous price:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CFCRF4U/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

maybe it's just me, but that's a very odd short length design?
    More like a cardigan

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Balaclava1991

J.Crew_Harvest_Herringbone_Ludlow_Sports_Coat.jpg

I thought a blazer is a jacket with metal buttons and typically more formal and usually navy in color?
    They are worn by gentlemen like Michael Caine, Roger Moore, Alan Whicker, Peter O'Toole and lots of aristocratic ex-British military officers.

FYEO%2BBlazer.png

imgmichael%20caine3.jpg

• Advertisement

Read the thread.

Advertisement