Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Pension tax relief

Options
  • 15-01-2014 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

HI
    I am paying into a private pension with Irish Life for a number of years.
    I was of the impression that i was getting the tax benefit at source but now don't think i am . I have contacted them and awaiting a reply.

Has anybody here received the benefit at source or is it common practice.

If i do need to claim the tax back from Revenue how many years can i claim for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

should be very easy for you to tell if your getting relief at source or not. Its very straight forward.

re rebates I believe you can claim up to 5 years back. Although I suggest this question is better placed in the taxation forum for clarification and how you would go about this if it is indeed required.

If your pension payments are not being deducted at source then its pretty certain you haven't been receiving taxable benefit from them.

Advertisement