Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awful Feeling

Options
  • 15-01-2014 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,
    Just something that is really bothering me.
    Started a new job early last year, had all the potential to be a great job, I was working hard , all things going great.
    I was put with a project manager at the start to train as we move to different locations around the country installing a new IT system into each place. I was hired as support administrator.

We finished with 1 site & was put onto another to 'upskill' where another person who previously trained under my current project manager when they started in the company 2 years back, without being told I was givin a new role which meant more work, I was being trained as a project leader, no extra pay nothing etc, when I questioned the person training me I was told 'it was a great opportunity to progress in the company' no manager or indeed my project manager ever sat me down & explained etc

This person from day 1 has made my life hell, the way she spoke to me etc. I documented everything that was said, my father has been quite ill the last few months and permantantly in hospital it seems the person who was training me didn't believe my father was ill !! this was confirmed by my project manager who let it slip, I was threatened to the point that I could lose my job if I ever rung in sick if my father's situation got worse as 'the company doesn't tolerate people ringing in sick' was told all my emails I sent out are directly sent to IT manager via s synchronisation in Outlook ? this all said by the person training me on this site.

Big one is I guess I was taking medication for an ankle problem, we use Skype to communicate in this company and she was telling me I was addicted to the medication as I was ratty & agitated during the day , which wasn't the case (more tiredness due to the commute to work) the skypes got progressively worse to the point she was telling me her sister worked in the pharmacist industry & she asked her about why I was taking the medication I was ? & telling me via Skype how bad the medication was for me etc...she said the doctor was malpracticing etc ? I was prescribed the medication for a condition I had !!!
    The above was brought up again just before Christmas when the person said I should let my head manager know I am taking medication as she has seen the way it effects people before she also said if my Dad was that sick I should take stress leave from the job as opposed to taking any holidays .

This person made me think about not coming into work, I was so down on myself the way she made me feel I didn't even go to the Christmas party. :(
    In the new year the above person is on another site and I have my original manager with me now, I was working away on Monday and I was beside my project manager who had his Skype open when we were working, I seen some pretty nasty Skype's from this person to my project manager, including 'I would shoot me with a rifle' 'he is addicted to his medication' 'if I had an axe I would split his head open' 'he is pulling his Dad is sick card again' left me so upset. I understand I shouldn't of read them but they were onfront of me. Our project manager in his replied to her never got involved really and changed the subject with her on Skype when she mentioned the above. How private is Skype ? my project manager doesn't seem to want to know as anytime I broach it the subject is changed, I have asked my head manager for a meeting several times and wad told there is normal review meetings held in January & I can talk about it then.

Not really sure where to turn. I have cut all contact with the person apart from business needs , she even has the cheek to ask how my father is.

I am on the verge of just leaving the job tbh . :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Don't worry about the emails being copied to the IT Manager. Whether they are or not shouldn't matter to you. Business emails should be about business only and never say anything in an email that you wouldn't send to them in a letter through the post.

I wouldn't take sick leave if a family member was sick because...I'm not sick. I'd take unpaid leave of some sort instead.

Regarding the Skype situation, I'd be straight to HR about it. That's unprofessional and out of line.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Have you recorded the skype sessions? I would show them to HR, she wants to split your head open? Sounds like a monster OP.

Lux23 wrote: »
    Have you recorded the skype sessions?
    I don't think they're his Skype sessions, but he should definitely should enable recording on his own Skype if it's possible and hasn't been done already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 larrylongears

Lux23 wrote: »
    Have you recorded the skype sessions? I would show them to HR, she wants to split your head open? Sounds like a monster OP.

Yes, I have a standard review meeting this week.

I have all the Skype messages that I seen on my Project Managers laptop all printed out and will present them to HR.

I guess I was worried about the Skype situation as I am on a contract & felt if I brought this up I may be let go. When these are presented, do HR & companies have set procedures for dealing with this sort of situation ?

Thanks to all for the replies.

I have all the Skype messages that I seen on my Project Managers laptop all printed out and will present them to HR.
    Good man. :) Kudos to the PM for letting you print them out too. You should try and keep his name out of it though.
    When these are presented, do HR & companies have set procedures for dealing with this sort of situation ?
    They should do, but it's not guaranteed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭janeparker

HR & companies are doing till you follow up otherwise there is no guarantee to get desired feedback.

Make sure you keep a copy of all this as they may decide to push you out rather than deal with the actual issue. This evidence could prove useful in a constructive dismissal claim.

Advertisement