Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Team Stats in matches

• 15-01-2014 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Anybody out there involved with coaching/training teams that use stats gathered during matches?

If so what do you record during the matches?

How do you use this data to influence decisions during the game?

How do you use this data to influence training sessions?

Its a growing area of our game, not too everybodies liking but lots of intercounty managers, and a growing number of club teams use it to gain some "advantage"...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DFM

Depends what information you want from a game, we usually get the basics right first:-

1. Team list done on sheet)
    2. Team set/line out showing positions 1-15 and like 1-15 subs
    3. Subs used and who they replaced (+ time on)
    4. Team scorers (when scored and by who using their initials)
    5. Opposition scores (when scored and by opposition using O)
    6. Half time scores both teams
    7. Full time scores teams
    8. Cards issued and to who (hopefully nobody) Black card rule adds to this now!
    9. Referee, name and club from + rating/issues he might have ...

We use a one pager so that easier to fill out.
    Can be used to write report up afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I do match analysis with a company in Galway. We get a copy of the full game, we build a template of buttons and then code the game.
    We can have a row of clips of all the scores and where they were scored from and what type of score (from free, play, 65/45). Turnovers are hugely important in GAA so we'll have a video of all turnovers.

It's pretty cool! As you said yourself OP, it's a growing area and probably no coincidence that 3 out of the 4 teams in the all ireland finals last September use this software and analyse opposition and their own games.

I don't want to name the company I'm training with here coz that might be seen as promotion but there is another company called http://www.performasports.com that have an iPad app that you could use in real time for logging stats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I do match analysis with a company in Galway. We get a copy of the full game, we build a template of buttons and then code the game.
    We can have a row of clips of all the scores and where they were scored from and what type of score (from free, play, 65/45). Turnovers are hugely important in GAA so we'll have a video of all turnovers.

It's pretty cool! As you said yourself OP, it's a growing area and probably no coincidence that 3 out of the 4 teams in the all ireland finals last September use this software and analyse opposition and their own games.

Which one doesn't? Mind mentioning the name of the company, or PMing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

keane2097 wrote: »
    Which one doesn't? Mind mentioning the name of the company, or PMing?

Just edited my post there.

I'll PM ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Drop me a,mail with the,name also plz

• Advertisement
Advertisement