Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English courses in Greystones

Options
  • 15-01-2014 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hey guys!

we live in Charlesland and I was wandering where the nearest language school is? My wife is looking for English classes so she could practice her English. She is quite advanced in writing/understanding but the talking is still a bit of a challenge. Does anyone know any places here? I've found two:
    1. Rathdown Language School - but no information on the website
    2. Greystones summer language school - AFAIK only for summer.

Any ideas, tips, addresses, private tutors you know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭sso

The two schools you mentioned cater for the summer teenager student market. As far as I know you need to go to Bray for adult classes.

I've heard English Language Centre beside the old town hall is good. ATC is another school in Bray but I think it is quite AuPair focused.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭tp25

there are few language schools in Bray. Perhaps Dart or Bus could bring her there.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭stanley1980

As mentioned the ones in Greystones are focused at teenage, summer students. I used to work in Dargan Language Centre and Pace (opposite Aldi) Bray in the summer and though there were plenty of teenagers there too in the summer I think they'd be more suitable for your wife- plenty of adult classes too.
    Regarding tutors, I seem to remember flyers in Greystones library advertising lessons.

I know from my own experience trying to learn another language that there's lots of meet ups of like-minded people advertised online- most are in Dublin though. www.conversationexchange.com can be a useful tool for putting her in touch with native speakers she might be able 'swop' languages with. This could be a great, low cost way of improving her conversational English.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 HotSpice

PM sent

Advertisement