Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Poo in back yard

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Unlike all you lucky folks who are at home when its bright I can only clean up the poo once or twice a week (not a hope of me trotting around the garden at 9pm hoping I dont stand in poo!!!) I use a salad tongs to pop it in the bag so I dont have to touch it.....not my inside salad tongs!

We have outside lighting ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

OP if you cant stand the thought of picking it up what about hosing down the yard and literally wash the offending dirt into one area or down a drain. You could then use a yard brush to scrub the remaining areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

OP
    Open foul waste drain, then one coal shovel, one small gardening/flowering trowel for digging hole for small plants, scoop onto coal shovel, scoop down drain, rinse shovels so the water washes down the drain and then rinse till it runs clear, have some water butts but plan to increase stored water volume. Lately Ive only been getting the chance to do it once or twice a week as cant chance handling the stuff while looking after the baby.

Where you based, I'll go round and charge you a tidy sum if you like and you're near, just part and parcel of having a dog, not pleasant but got to be done.
    nala2012 wrote: »
    Our garden has a field on one side, so i just get a shovel every couple of days and throw it over the wall (they're our fields). We've 4 dogs and they normally go when out walking and i use nappy bags to pick them up. What do you feed your dog? Ours are raw fed and i find the poo washes away with the rain if i don't pick it up in time

:eek: wouldnt it be better to dispose of it down the drain? dont you have to then clear the pile of poop at some stage??
    e.r wrote: »
    I just pop open sewer lid and shovel it into sewer and the fill a bucket of water pour down.
    I have a my back half cobbled half decking , so power wash every now and then keeps it clean .

This is more or less what i do, i think its the cleanest, handiest method, dont have to touch it.
    I plan to cordon off a section of the garden, but even now its mostly only in specific places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Banned for 1 week for ignoring repeated Mod warnings.

Advertisement