Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a phone for the elderly

Options
  • 15-01-2014 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

HI

I'm trying to get a replacement phone for my father-in-law. He has a Doro which is over two years old and giving him trouble. I need something with large buttons and an extra loud ringtone. Vodafone don't' do the Dora anymore and I have been looking at switching to postfone and getting the Dora PhoneEasy 607 - can you recommend anything else.

Thanks
    Lisa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I wouldn't overlook a smartphone. If you take the windows phone it has very large tiles and on screen buttons. You can customise the start screen so he only has the buttons he needs and could maybe even use the child lock features to ensure he can't get into settings by mistake.

I only say this because my 60+ year old uncle has taken to iPhones and iPads like a duck to water even though he could never get the hang of his laptop and would be a technophobe outside of using those devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭tadcan

You could buy a Doro phone from amazon/etc and just switch the sim card. It is subsidized so a little bit more expensive.

Edit. It's giving him trouble because the device is faulty, or he has trouble using the devise?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

If you can find the Doro 615 anywhere (I got one about six months back), I think it's a good, simple mobile. Big buttons, clear screen and I was able to get started with it before reading the handbook!

Advertisement