Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sales rep keep calling, getting sick of it now!

Options
  • 15-01-2014 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭

How man times do I have to say "not interested, not switching provider, don't want anyting you're selling", not to mention the fact that I keep saying "don't call again!".

I'm getting absolutely sick of Eircom reps calling near every week, twice in one day sometimes too. I've contcted yourselves in the past about this and yet it still continues.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

If you first asked them to stop contacting you more than 40 days ago, they're breaking the law. Don't engage with them any more, make a complaint to the data protection commissioner:

http://www.dataprotection.ie/ViewDoc.asp?fn=/documents/rights/2f.htm&CatID=21&m=r

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

No reply to this from any rep or a reply to my PM :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

Make them aware you will report to comreg unless they stop, if you get another call then report them. Worked for me as they stopped when I threatened regulator

ComReg will refer the OP to the Data Protection Commissioner. Post #2 is the correct course of action.

rovoagho wrote: »
    If you first asked them to stop contacting you more than 40 days ago, they're breaking the law. Don't engage with them any more, make a complaint to the data protection commissioner:

http://www.dataprotection.ie/ViewDoc.asp?fn=/documents/rights/2f.htm&CatID=21&m=r
    It's been more than 40 days, first asked here via PM to two of the reps back on the 08/01/2013 & 10/01/2013, two calls to Eircom also about it, told the reps god knows how many times and yet they keep calling, had the same rep call twice in one day, 2 different reps the week after... and as for the extremely pushy rep that called two days, I had no choice but to slam the door in his face! 

It's just ridiculous, Eircom must be really stuck for customers.

Thanks rovoagho for the link. 

• Advertisement

So much for contacting Eircom and Pm's to Reps here (that haven't been answered!), just had another Rep at my door, sick of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MikeJK

hellboy99 wrote: »
    So much for contacting Eircom and Pm's to Reps here (that haven't been answered!), just had another Rep at my door, sick of it!
    Wait these are human beings calling to you actual door and not phone calls? Surely a physical sign saying "if you're from eircom or calling on eircom's behalf then piss off" would be a good idea at this stage? 

Eircom reps in here only answer the easy ones, and even then their response is nearly always "I'll look into that for you", followed by disappearance until the OP has to remind them to do their jobs. Often twice. It so common in must be in their training materials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

How man times do I have to say "not interested, not switching provider, don't want anyting you're selling", not to mention the fact that I keep saying "don't call again!".

I'm getting absolutely sick of Eircom reps calling near every week, twice in one day sometimes too. I've contcted yourselves in the past about this and yet it still continues.
    Hi hellboy99

I am very sorry to have missed your post when posted. If you would like to PM me your address I will request that your details be removed from all eircoms marketing and sales campaigns.

Thanks

Al

Hi hellboy99

I am very sorry to have missed your post when posted. If you would like to PM me your address I will request that your details be removed from all eircoms marketing and sales campaigns.

Thanks

Al
    For the love of God, another Rep called to my door, what do I have to do, paint a big sign on the front of my house saying "No Eircom Rep Callers"

Has my details been passed on at all, sick and ******* tired of it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

For the love of God, another Rep called to my door, what do I have to do, paint a big sign on the front of my house saying "No Eircom Rep Callers"
    Yes. eircom subcontract out their door to door reps [as do most companies]. They don't have lists of address to call into [or not]. They have assigned areas. You really do have to put a sign on your door. It's the easiest way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi hellboy99

Thanks

Al

Has my details been passed on at all, sick and ******* tired of it now.
    Hi hellboy99

Yes I have sent your details however this can take up to 30 days to process. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Al

Hi hellboy99

Yes I have sent your details however this can take up to 30 days to process. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Al

I take it then my details that I submitted on numerous other occasions haven't been processed either then, nor have the notes that various reps have taking not to call to my door again. Every week it is now, it's a joke and I'm fed up with it, you must be desperate for customers.

Advertisement