Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Sweeney park

Options
  • 15-01-2014 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭

Anyone any experience of the area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

In what way?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

might be worth doing a search over some of the posts in the forum at least 18 posts referencing it - http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?subforums=1&forum=954&query=John+Sweeney

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Thanks ,

I'm looking to buy a cheap house / apartment to let out and seen one in that area for a low price.I appreciate that cheap houses are always in the rougher of places , but plenty of people live in rough places too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

It certainly did have a reputation as a less desirable estate.

That may not still be the case to the same extent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

It's not half as bad as people make out, I wouldn't mind it whatsoever. Although plenty people here who have never stepped foot inside the estate will tell you otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

It will really depend on whereabouts in it the house is? You would have to be careful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

John Sweeney is pretty rough, there's Guards called regularly but a lot of it just seems to be a reputation the area has. I'm sure if you keep to yourself, you'll be grand. The area wasn't that bad when I was there before.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I'm over there daily and i've yet to see anything wrong with it. I actually prefer it during the summer, loads of people out and about, reminds me of when i was younger and my estate was the same

I've personally not had any issues there but I would have known a few people living there with a "reputation".

Near enough 8 or more years back though.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

From what I know it has its antisocial elements in it.

But I don't think you will find any estate or street in Ireland today without some sort of antisocial behavior in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

I work with a lad from there and collect and drop him off
    There isnt any hassle from what i see no more than any other estate in town.

From what I know it has its antisocial elements in it.

But I don't think you will find any estate or street in Ireland today without some sort of antisocial behavior in it.

I live in generally what has always been a very quiet area but the last 3 or 4 years I have called the gardai for the first time about 5 or 6 times for anti-social behaviour or late night traffic accidents/hit and runs (hitting parked vehicles not people).

Advertisement