Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scratch Cups 2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 collinshane

Thanks for the result list. I couldn't seem to find it on their website, maybe it's behind the member login section, or maybe I looked in all the wrong sections.
    Pleasantly surprised with the scoring. I thought my score was rubbish until looking here, turns out I fared better than most.

Must try to play more of these style competitions. There's a much better chance of avoiding the handicap in the right direction when standard scratch is 75 !
    Do many on here tend to travel regularly playing a scratch cup circuit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cappa88

If anyone else can't make Tralee intermediate scratch cup on Saturday 31st let me know and I'll take the slot for you, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

Mullingar Intermediate Scratch Cup on Sunday 01-Jun-2014 open to 10-18 Hcap

Haven't played this course in many years. Anyone playing on Sunday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gman127

Macker1 wrote: »
    Mullingar Intermediate Scratch Cup on Sunday 01-Jun-2014 open to 10-18 Hcap

Haven't played this course in many years. Anyone playing on Sunday ?

Playing at 9.28 I think.

Love Mullingar.

A few holes were revamped a few years back. Not sure if you've played them if you haven't been there in a long time.

It's the 8th and 16th greens anyway

gman127 wrote: »
    Playing at 9.28 I think.

Love Mullingar.

A few holes were revamped a few years back. Not sure if you've played them if you haven't been there in a long time.

It's the 8th and 16th greens anyway

I haven't booked on yet as I'm still trying to plan my golf for the weekend.

Going to possibly play Kilcock open on Friday and then due to play weekly comp on Saturday at home course. Need to decide if going for more fun then on Sunday at Mullingar.

Its been a long time since I played there. How good is the course these days.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭SEORG

Just had to cancel my tee time for Tralee ISC on Saturday.

I was down for 10.40 for anyone interested.

Not sure if it is available online, number is 066-7136379 to book over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cappa88

SEORG wrote: »
    Just had to cancel my tee time for Tralee ISC on Saturday.

I was down for 10.40 for anyone interested.

Not sure if it is available online, number is 066-7136379 to book over the phone.

Thanks SEORG, I got that! I'll try to do your place justice!

cappa88 wrote: »
    Thanks SEORG, I got that! I'll try to do your place justice!

Best of luck, it's a cracking course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Out this afternoon in Tralee, what a day for it! Won't be 89? taking it out this year.

I haven't booked on yet as I'm still trying to plan my golf for the weekend.

Going to possibly play Kilcock open on Friday and then due to play weekly comp on Saturday at home course. Need to decide if going for more fun then on Sunday at Mullingar.

Its been a long time since I played there. How good is the course these days.?

Excellent. I'm also a member in Kilcock! We seem to be playing the same places at the moment!

• Advertisement

gman127 wrote: »
    Excellent. I'm also a member in Kilcock! We seem to be playing the same places at the moment!

Really enjoyed playing Kilcock on Friday. I had 39 pts and really should have done a little better. I scratched the par 3 7th after going ob on the left.

Greens were in great shape.

Really enjoyed playing Kilcock on Friday. I had 39 pts and really should have done a little better. I scratched the par 3 7th after going ob on the left.

Greens were in great shape.

Yeah the greens are in the best shape they have been in years. Apparently there were new techniques employed as part of the whole course revamp that happened a few years ago. It's really paid off whatever they did!

Must have went long and left to go ob on the 7th? Funny little hole, score can range from a 2 to a 6!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭cjfitz

Out this afternoon in Tralee, what a day for it! Won't be 89? taking it out this year.

Perfect day for it.Got a bit windier in the afternoon.How did u do?

cjfitz wrote: »
    Perfect day for it.Got a bit windier in the afternoon.How did u do?

Good front 9 by my standards, 45 out. Fell asleep on the back 9 there was a big holdup on 13, 5lots stuck on 2.5 holes. No excuses I just got tired. Some absolutely amazing scenery, played with a fellow poster he had birdie on 16. Listened to it all the way home....
    My highlight was chip in for par on 1 after running onto the first box and boning 3 perfect daisy cutters to 56 yards :-)

4 over was winning when I left at 8.30 by all accounts.

U had a nice start :)
    Ya brilliant scenery in fairness, its a special place. It was slow at times alright, especially those few holes u mentioned. Was expecting a low score to be leading it alright. Had an 83 myself, hoping for a cut, but no sign of any results yet.

Long journey home for u so ;)

Would love to play that 13 again, hit 9 iron right at it- 2playing partners" that's all over it, a cracker", short by 2yards. Down into the ravine:-( 83 was good shooting, especially if it was your first time out there!!

Ya 13th is a sweet hole. Not my first time out there, usually get to play it once or twice a year. Lost a ball off the tee on the 14th and 3 putted the last. Didn't do much wrong. CSS seems to be 72

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭paulos53

I got an email from Tralee with the results. 77 was the winning score with 67 winning the nett

85 for myself including a birdie on the 13th :D

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Freemount09

Good front 9 by my standards, 45 out. Fell asleep on the back 9 there was a big holdup on 13, 5lots stuck on 2.5 holes. No excuses I just got tired. Some absolutely amazing scenery, played with a fellow poster he had birdie on 16. Listened to it all the way home....
    My highlight was chip in for par on 1 after running onto the first box and boning 3 perfect daisy cutters to 56 yards :-)

4 over was winning when I left at 8.30 by all accounts.

Wow, the 16th is the signature par 3 isn't it ! Must have been unreal to witness that birdie !!!

Wow, the 16th is the signature par 3 isn't it ! Must have been unreal to witness that birdie !!!

Missed the putt he made unfortunately, only realised he had made it when I looked back and he was running around inside in the bunker with his shirt off and whooping like a hyena.Made the most of his sliced 5 iron in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

Saturday 31 May Tralee Gc Intermediate Scratch Cup Sponsor FELS POINT HOTEL

1st. Michael Leahy(11) 77gross
    2nd. Joe Slattery(13) 78gross
    3rd. Pat Curran Macroom Golf Club(11) 79gross
    1st Best Nett P C Lynch(16) 67nett
    2nd Best Nett Adrian Gilbert(16) 68nett
    CSS Home 72 Away 72

fearruanua wrote: »
    Saturday 31 May Tralee Gc Intermediate Scratch Cup Sponsor FELS POINT HOTEL

1st. Michael Leahy(11) 77gross
    2nd. Joe Slattery(13) 78gross
    3rd. Pat Curran Macroom Golf Club(11) 79gross
    1st Best Nett P C Lynch(16) 67nett
    2nd Best Nett Adrian Gilbert(16) 68nett
    CSS Home 72 Away 72

That's 2 yrs running for him, fairly certain he won it last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Timesheet open for Killarney Junior and Intermediate (Mahony's Point course) on Saturday June 21st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Timesheet open for Killarney Junior and Intermediate (Mahony's Point course) on Saturday June 21st.

Shame it's on in Mahoney's Point this year. Nice course but we had a great time in Killeen last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

D Hayes wrote: »
    Shame it's on in Mahoney's Point this year. Nice course but we had a great time in Killeen last year.

Yes Killeen is a more challenging course with better greens, but I do like Mahoney's aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭cairny

Cork Golf Club Inter & Junior Scratch Cups timesheets now open.

brsgolf.com/cork/visitor_home.php

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭millerj

cairny wrote: »
    Cork Golf Club Inter & Junior Scratch Cups timesheets now open.

brsgolf.com/cork/visitor_home.php

Any idea what the handicap limits are for both. Looked on the booking sheet but it doesn't seem to say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

millerj wrote: »
    Any idea what the handicap limits are for both. Looked on the booking sheet but it doesn't seem to say

I actually emailed them about this a couple of weeks ago.

Junior Scr. 5 to 11

Intermediate Scr. 12 to 18

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Intermediate scratch in Shannon next Sunday. I'm down to play with 2 other boardsies at 9.32 if someone wants to join us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 collinshane

Anybody find results from the Junior Scratch Cup in Killarney at the weekend?
    Can't find any on Killarney's website..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭bailey99

Yes you'll get the results by ringing the office in the golf club. The lady there has all the results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

bailey99 wrote: »
    Yes you'll get the results by ringing the office in the golf club. The lady there has all the results.
    71 won it, 73 was 2nd and a pair of 75's were 3rd and 4th, CSS 73.
    Results are up on Facebook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Intermediate scratch in Shannon next Sunday. I'm down to play with 2 other boardsies at 9.32 if someone wants to join us

Is it just the intermediate or is the junior on too? I'd join ye if the junior is on too

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Intermediate scratch cup on in Dunmurry Springs this weekend. Course in great nick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Anyone from Carlow know why their JSC is only 18 holes this year? Have played in it the past few years when it was 36 holes and was always great value at €30 including a lunch. It's a great course but a little to far to travel for a single game which made the 36 holes worth while. Was always very popular also booked out early and with a waiting list but I see plenty of free spaces this year. Disappointing to see another great 36 hole JSC go by the way side.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

denisoc16 wrote: »
    Is it just the intermediate or is the junior on too? I'd join ye if the junior is on too
    It's only intermediate Denis. Junior was on a few weeks back

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

I'll play if the slot is still free.

ballyk wrote: »
    I'll play if the slot is still free.

One of the lads pulled out so see you Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭shane 007

Kilkenny GC Junior Scratch Cup 6th July. About 20 slots left as of today.
    36 holes €25 including main course lunch after first round.

Intermediate Scratch Cup 24th August.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

Intermediate and junior scratch in athy weekend 5th and 6th July. Course in great condition at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

Intermediate and junior scratch in athy weekend 5th and 6th July. Course in great condition at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

If Athlone don't qualify for matchplay stages of the Senior Cup, I'll be at the Junior Scratch in Oughterard this Sunday if anyone is around and playing it, I might see you there.

Also, I'll be at the Senior Cup Qualifying in Connemara at least on Saturday, if anyone is around and playing, i might see you there ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

One of the lads cant hit the ball out of his way at the moment and isnt playing another round till its sorted!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Back9bandit

On next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Back9bandit

any one get the results for East Cork junior scratch?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Paulusmaximus

Malahide Golf Club Junior And Intermediate Scratch Cups this Sunday. Some spots available,€20.

Bookings on the website under "book a Tee time - visitors"

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Wo we

any one get the results for East Cork junior scratch?

First to fourth were 70, first to fourth nett were 62,63,63,64.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Wo we wrote: »
    First to fourth were 70, first to fourth nett were 62,63,63,64.

Wow, what's the par of the course? Even if a par 70 and handicap range was from as low as 4 that's still crazy good scoring. Very hard to compete in competitions of any nature any more when people play so much better than their indicative handicap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Wo we

Wow, what's the par of the course? Even if a par 70 and handicap range was from as low as 4 that's still crazy good scoring. Very hard to compete in competitions of any nature any more when people play so much better than their indicative handicap.

Par is 69. Up til this year standard scratch was 66 - GUI survey bumped it to 68.
    70 is equivalent to 40 points for a 5 handicap. Not excessive, but conditions were benign.

• Advertisement
Advertisement