Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scratch Cups 2014

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Castletroy and Dromoland Castle junior scratch cups on next Sunday
    Dromoland is best value I've seen all year...€35 for 36 holes! Course is in great condition! Adare senior scratch on same day for €50 for 18!!!! No value after last years washout! I can bring my golf clubs into the shower for free!

Can't understand why clubs in relatively proximity to one another hold competing scratch cups on the same day. Surely it's in every club's interest to get a full time sheet and golfers I'm sure would like the choice to play both especially given the lack of available options for the rest of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

dar_cool wrote: »
    Anyone playing Beech park Junior/Senior scratch cup this year? our very own levitronix is the defending champ for the junior scratch, will you be defending???

going to miss it with holidays, just have the finals of the irish open match play to look forward to when im home 40 holes now with out a lost hole. Been getting lessons every wednesday in carton its starting to pay off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

levitronix wrote: »
    going to miss it with holidays, just have the finals of the irish open match play to look forward to when im home 40 holes now with out a lost hole. Been getting lessons every wednesday in carton its starting to pay off

Im through the finals myself :) cant wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭bailey99

Dromoland is best value I've seen all year...€35 for 36 holes!

Event is 18 holes, dunno where you thought it was 36 holes from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭big_drive

bailey99 wrote: »
    Event is 18 holes, dunno where you thought it was 36 holes from.

Dromoland senior scratch is 36 on Sunday for €35

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Played Dromoland last week, greens still recovering from hollow coring but were playing okay in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭J6P

Corrstown are having a senior scratch on Friday. Think they are accepting any single figure handicap as there's lots of space left on the timesheet. 18 holes €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭inthehole1

slave1 wrote: »
    Played Dromoland last week, greens still recovering from hollow coring but were playing okay in fairness

played today and place in great nick
    Spreading some sand around the greens but that should be washed in by the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Golflinks142

Tuam Golf Club Scratch Cups on Saturday 16th August 2014.
    All handicaps catered for with Senior; Junior; Intermediate and Minor Scratch Cups taking place.
    These were a major success last year and we're hoping to emulate it this year.
    Eddie McCormack will be defending the senior Cup; Peter Ryan will defend the Junior Cup while Martin Corcoran and Jerry Bradley will defend the Intermediate and Minor scratch Cups respectively.
    Valeo Vision Systems; Connacht Senior Alliance; Daniel G McGrath Solicitors and WERS Waste & Recycling are the main sponsors with €2000 in prizes on offer.
    Timesheet available now on wwwtuamgolfclubcom or telephone 093-28993

Tuam GC Scratch Cups on tomorrow Saturday 16th August. Senior 0-4; Junior 5-9; Intermediate 10-18 and Minor 19-28. Last few slots remaining - book now at 093-28993.

The course is in great nick at the moment following the Boys Connacht Close during the week so well worth the visit. Entry fee only €20 for non-members.

I see Slade Valley have a Junior, Intermediate and Minor Scratch Cup on this Sun 31st Aug for €16. Never played the course before so will play as a good opportunity to try it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭dar_cool

I see Slade Valley have a Junior, Intermediate and Minor Scratch Cup on this Sun 31st Aug for €16. Never played the course before so will play as a good opportunity to try it out.

Might play in this aswell, bit of a mad course, i like it though, have a good look at the layout before you play it, alot of irons off tees for position etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Carlow senior this Saturday, completely forgot, just entered there.

Many playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

AGC wrote: »
    Carlow senior this Saturday, completely forgot, just entered there.

Many playing?

Entered but son playing his first football game on Saturday morning. Gutted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Scratch cups on in Greystones next Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Ah now - seeing your son lace up for the first time will be more than worth it ;)

Rikand wrote: »

Ah now - seeing your son lace up for the first time will be more than worth it ;)

I understood above to mean that he was gutted to miss the football game. Is the SSC in Carlow now only 18 holes, GUI site shows it as 18? They very disappointingly reverted the JSC this year to 18 holes from the usual 36 which meant it wasn't worth travelling well over an hour each way for only 18 holes. Pity as it was my favorite JSC of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

Ballinrobe scratch cups on 27 September ;-)

I understood above to mean that he was gutted to miss the football game.

oh, well that would make more sense.

I understood above to mean that he was gutted to miss the football game. Is the SSC in Carlow now only 18 holes, GUI site shows it as 18? They very disappointingly reverted the JSC this year to 18 holes from the usual 36 which meant it wasn't worth travelling well over an hour each way for only 18 holes. Pity as it was my favorite JSC of the year.

Senior is 36

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Gutted to Miss Carlow. One of my favourites but the lads football comes first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

heard yesterday that the greens in carlow are not the best.

Playing the Royal Curragh Sunday...

should be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

cgh wrote: »
    heard yesterday that the greens in carlow are not the best.

Playing the Royal Curragh Sunday...

should be good

What time you out cgh?

Had to cancel early this week but back in now and out at 8:10

I'm out at 08.34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

cgh wrote: »
    I'm out at 08.34

Good stuff, can't wait now. Forecast isn't looking too bad either.

I'm really looking forward to it.
    its a great course.

half thinking of joining next year if the price is right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Myself & Dealerz out at 9.30. Really looking forward to it

Any Carlow members on here?

Are greens bad?

Tones is from around there somewhere. He'd probably be the man to ask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

AGC wrote: »
    Any Carlow members on here?

Are greens bad?

Played 18 this morning, place in great nick and greens nice n firm and rolling good! Whoevers playing the midlands scratch cup will enjoy the test

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Curragh, played it yesterday, great course, no poor hole, great variety and plenty favourable fairways, good run at the moment too. You don't really need to have played the course before as most shots are plain to see. Only piece of advice would be to keep to the right of the par 5 13th due to sloping fairway that runs off left into wind bushes where you can say goodbye to your ball should it go that way.

Carlow, played it two weeks ago, a number of the opening greens were diseased and very black in patches, reasonable to putt across but if your ball landed in the areas affected then it plugged as they were quite damp.

• Advertisement

Tones69 wrote: »
    Played 18 this morning, place in great nick and greens nice n firm and rolling good! Whoevers playing the midlands scratch cup will enjoy the test

Cheers, good to hear. Looking forward to it

Anyone have results from Carlow yesterday? Can't find them online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

Any result from the senior scratch yesterday in killarney?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

aster99 wrote: »
    Any result from the senior scratch yesterday in killarney?

That was cancelled as far as I know Aster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭big_drive

what happened that Killarney got cancelled? is it being refixed?

big_drive wrote: »
    what happened that Killarney got cancelled? is it being refixed?

Not sure if it's going to be rescheduled. Just saw a message on their website last week stating that it had been cancelled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭tax_tutor1

denisoc16 wrote: »
    Not sure if it's going to be rescheduled. Just saw a message on their website last week stating that it had been cancelled

Spoke to one of the Killarney members who was involved at weekend. They are hoping to refix their Scratch Cup on a Saturday in October over 18 holes. I believe it was cancelled due to a poor entry.

Anyone on here playing in the Junior Scratch Cup in Galway Bay on Sunday next? I'm half thinking of playing in it

Advertisement