Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can i lift growing bulbs now??

• 15-01-2014 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

i wouldn't choose to be doing it, but i have to move my bulbs to make way for something else, and they have started to grow shoots.

Can i lift them and replant them? will they still flower? any suggestions on how to do this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Should be fine. Prepare the new holes with compost in the bottom before you dig them up.
    Dig down deep and remove as big a root ball as you can with soil around the roots. Plant them to the same depth (look for soil mark on the shoots). Backfill and firm them in gently and hopefully they wont even notice they've been moved.
    Ideally you will not break the roots or leave the roots exposed to the cold air for more than a few seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 ladybirdbaby1

ok thanks! that is great, i'll try that!

Advertisement