Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy S Market Icon Upgrade

• 15-01-2014 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Hope someone can help. My mother has a Samsung Galaxy S (in pristine condition I might add) and now wants to start using Viber etc as my sis is in foreign shores. I have set her up with a google account, however when I tried to log in to the account it says it cant contact the google servers.

Im assuming the phone is not up to date as it is the Market Icon rather than the Google Play Icon that is on the phone. I have read online about flashing or rooting the phone, which I have no idea how to do.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Ta

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Hi folks,

Hope someone can help. My mother has a Samsung Galaxy S (in pristine condition I might add) and now wants to start using Viber etc as my sis is in foreign shores. I have set her up with a google account, however when I tried to log in to the account it says it cant contact the google servers.

Im assuming the phone is not up to date as it is the Market Icon rather than the Google Play Icon that is on the phone. I have read online about flashing or rooting the phone, which I have no idea how to do.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Ta

If the original firmware is still 2.1 as was on the s before it got upgraded to 2.2 then later to 2.3 the market won't update to the play store. Try going into about phone and try update firmware in there before going to rooting and flashing. Altho personally custom roms on the original s are the way to go.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭crazybaldhead

Thanks for that, not giving me the option to update on the phone.

Could you recommend somewhere to get that done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Best off doing it yourself. Google and xda are your friends. You'll need Odin most likely tho. There's even a port of kitkat for the galaxy s. Not used it mind you. Upgraded to a s3 and now on the nexus 5.

Advertisement