Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daft showing different price to PPR

Options
  • 15-01-2014 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Keeping an eye on prices and theres a house I had looked at which sold for 192, 752 on PPR. However Daft says that it sold for 218, 774 in their PPR section. So whats the story there? Thought it would lift it directly from the database??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

TheDriver wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Keeping an eye on prices and theres a house I had looked at which sold for 192, 752 on PPR. However Daft says that it sold for 218, 774 in their PPR section. So whats the story there? Thought it would lift it directly from the database??

didnt know daft showed the sold price? does it link to the PPR? I'm sure human error is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Daft appear to be applying the VAT. Odd figures like that indicate a new build which would have VAT on it, there should also be a field marked as such on the PPR but it isn't always.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Shedzafew

VAT of 13.5% has been left off. This happens a lot particularly with new homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Ah, I see. However does that mean the final selling price of the house is actually the 218? If you saw the house, you might have chanced 150 for it and think no one would want it due to size of garden, location in estate etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

TheDriver wrote: »
    Ah, I see. However does that mean the final selling price of the house is actually the 218? If you saw the house, you might have chanced 150 for it and think no one would want it due to size of garden, location in estate etc.

Yeah, the person who bought it would have paid the 218.

• Advertisement
Advertisement