Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balaton Sound, Hungary

Options
  • 15-01-2014 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Anyone ever been to this festival?

Heading along this year with a decent group of us. Any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭culline

Hey, thinking about booking myself before the end of month. Have ye booked tickets yet? What flights did ye look at? Will ye be camping? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

culline wrote: »
    Hey, thinking about booking myself before the end of month. Have ye booked tickets yet? What flights did ye look at? Will ye be camping? Cheers

I'm going inter railing and taking this in on the way. About 20 of us going to the festival. A few are flying in the night before and flying home on the 16th. We have a villa for 2 days after it. We're camping in the 1.1 part. I think that part is sold out

Nice plan, had a great time inter railing a couple of summers ago. Hopefully will get flights sorted soon. Is there much of a difference between 1.1 camping and 2/2.1?

culline wrote: »
    Nice plan, had a great time inter railing a couple of summers ago. Hopefully will get flights sorted soon. Is there much of a difference between 1.1 camping and 2/2.1?

Yeah I'd say the flights will start getting expensive soon. I think 1.1 is like 5 minutes closer walk to the stages but other than that they're just names

• Registered Users Posts: 25 markie87

We're going to, only decided last week have our flights accommodation an tickets sorted :)

• Advertisement

markie87 wrote: »
    We're going to, only decided last week have our flights accommodation an tickets sorted :)

Good stuff! Are yous camping?

No chap staying in a hotel in badapest for 9 days

Good stuff! Are yous camping?

Were camping alright, are ye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Thinking about going to this.

Anyone been there?

djPSB wrote: »

Anyone been there?

Was there last year. It pissed rain while we were there and literally everything about the festival is made for sun. Didn't love it to be honest but again I'd say that was mainly due to how unprepared we were for bad weather.

Would be a different ball game in the sun though and I'd love to go back and try it again

The crowd wasn't my cup of tea either. The muscly, tanning bed types all over the place!

• Advertisement

Anyone been there?

We went last year was best weekend of me life. It pissed rain at tomorrowland and ultra Europe all that week to was just a bad week for weather in Europe. We had a vip ticket so we didn't get wet at all anyways

markie87 wrote: »
    We went last year was best weekend of me life. It pissed rain at tomorrowland and ultra Europe all that week to was just a bad week for weather in Europe. We had a vip ticket so we didn't get wet at all anyways

Did ye fly into Budapest and get a train to Balaton?

Ye you get train from buda to zamardi, lovely 2, 2 an a half hour journey with a few cans an scenery

Was interrailing and Balaton was at the end of the trip so flew home from Budapest. When you're buying tickets there's an option for a bus transfer from Budapest to and from Balaton. Think it was €45

Was interrailing and Balaton was at the end of the trip so flew home from Budapest. When you're buying tickets there's an option for a bus transfer from Budapest to and from Balaton. Think it was €45

What cities around there are worth a look? Budapest any good??

What cities around there are worth a look? Budapest any good??

Yeah it's a nice city. We didn't really do too much though. The baths are supposed to be quality. They have party's in them every Friday/Saturday I think. Closest city we did to Budapest was Prague which is quite a bit away

Advertisement