Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Log

Options
  • 15-01-2014 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Will mainly be rugby with the odd other sport thrown in. Aim is to multiply the initial investment times five by the end of the year.

Balance: 20 Units
    Profit/Loss: 0
    ROI: 0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭MN16

France to win the Six Nations at 11/4. France have an incredible record the year after Lions tours in the Six Nations. Quite like the look of their squad now, decent balance. Favourable draw with two home games to build momentum and England and Ireland in Paris.

Andy Murray to make the semi finals of the Australian Open at 4/5. Looks in decent enough nick despite media reports to the contrary. Biggest threats to this, if he gets past Lopez, will be either Tsonga or Federer in the quarters.

Man City to win the Premiership at 11/10. Tight race this year but fancy City to get over the finishing line. Chelsea will be biggest danger but hard to look past the current form and squad of City.

The NFC to win the Super Bowl at 77/100. Think Seattle will win this outright but this is a bit of a safety bet more than anything else. If Seattle lose, I’d fancy San Fran to avenge last year.

1 unit on the above at 24/1

A single on tonight’s rugby.

I think the line on the Leinster Ospreys game is a bit too high. I know Osprey’s have nothing to play for but pride can be a major factor. Osprey’s have a great record against Leinster, in the last 10 games, they have won 6 and drawn 1. I expect Leinster to win but think it will be closer than the current cap.

3 units on Ospreys +16 at 9/10

1 unit on Sunderland at 2/1
    3 units on Connacht +23 at 9/10

Not the best start but hopefully onwards and upwards.

7 units on Australia to beat England in the 2nd T20 at 8/11

6 units on Ireland -12 at evens

• Advertisement

8 units on Seattle at 21/20

6 units on over 2.5 goals in Man City - Chelsea at 3/4

Decent weekend makes up for a relatively poor start. Haven't been great with my reasoning so going to improve that henceforth.

Balance: 25.5 Units
    Profit/Loss: +5.5 Units

ROI: 27.5%

I quite like the look of Melbourne this morning in the cricket, they should have too much for Hobart with bat and ball. Bit short for my liking generally but still think it's backable.

9 units on Melbourne Stars at 4/9

MN16 wrote: »
    I quite like the look of Melbourne this morning in the cricket, they should have too much for Hobart with bat and ball. Bit short for my liking generally but still think it's backable.

9 units on Melbourne Stars at 4/9

Quite disappointing really, was too short really.

One for this evening is taking Fulham to see off a distracted Sheffield United side at home.

6.5 Units on Fulham -1 at 31/20

Think the missing players for Sydney could tip the game in favour of Perth.

10 units on Perth Scorchers at evens.

• Advertisement

Think Real will get a decent result tonight at home. Bale and Ronaldo should both start while considering their record at home against Atletico, think there's decent value to be had in the straight win.

10 units on Real Madrid at 10/11

Fulham were very disappointing but thankfully Real and Perth came in.

Balance: 29.1 Units
    Profit/Loss: +9.1 Units
    ROI: 45.5%

Final of the big bash this morning and I quite like the look of Perth again. At home and third time lucky in the final hopefully. Think they've the more balanced side and the slight edge in attack which will hopefully nuliffy Hobarts impressive batting line up.

9.1 Units on Perth at 4/5

Good win for Perth this morning.

Balance: 36.4 Units
    Profit/Loss: +16.4 Units
    ROI: 82%

Rugby League back tonight with Wigan taking on Huddersfield. Think Wigan have been weakened a bit in the break while Huddersfield have improved. Wigan might have one eye on their world challange game next week so fancy Huddersfield on the handicap.

6.4 units on Huddersfield +6.5 at 4/5

Reckon there'll be plenty of goals today in the early kick off. Liverpools defence hasn't been up to much of late while at the other end Suarez and Sturridge look in great form. Plenty of options for Arsenal as well. Bit shorter than I would have liked but still fancy it.

6 units on over 2.5 goals at 13/20

Quite fancy Ireland to win today against Wales. Think they'll have too much in the end against a limited (in my opinion) Wales team.

18 units on Ireland at 4/6

Think Reading should beat Wednesday today. They've been scoring for fun and Wednesday are missing some of their first choice back four.

8 units on Reading at 3/4

Think Wales will come back strong in the second half, they can't be any worse.

9 units on Wales +12 at 10/11

Think City will push home their advantage.

10 units on Man City at 9/10

20 units on Scotland +10 at 10/11

• Advertisement

10.3 units on Swansea at 9/10

19.7 units on Napoli at 21/20

14 units on Torino at 4/7

10 units on Cape Cobras at 11/10

16.3 units on France -18 at 10/11

Very mixed weekend. Too many wagers placed for my liking.

Balance: 31.2 Units
    Profit/Loss: +11.2 Units
    ROI: 56%

6 units on San Mig Coffee +3.5 at 17/20

Balance: 36.3 Units
    Profit/Loss: +16.3 Units
    ROI: 81.5%

Quite like the look of overs in tonight’s Championship game. The corresponding fixture went over earlier in the season. QPR’s last six games have gone over while Derby’s last couple have as well. Both have plenty of options going forward and should be a decent, open game in which I think the over’s is slightly underpriced.

6.3 units on over 2.5 goals at 9/10

4 units on Denis Istomin at 13/10

• Advertisement

6 units on a double of Cilic to win 2-0 (8/15) and Youzhny to win (8/15)

Advertisement