Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Phone

Options
  • 15-01-2014 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

Cant find anything online but if a phone is faulty does it have to be sent 3 times with same issue before it can be replaced?
    My understanding its the three Rs, repair relace and then refund?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

PinkFly wrote: »
    Cant find anything online but if a phone is faulty does it have to be sent 3 times with same issue before it can be replaced?
    My understanding its the three Rs, repair relace and then refund?

The choice of the 3r's is not with the buyer, but with the company.

In the instance of a mobile phone, they will try the following:
    1. verify the fault and its origin - ie, is it a manufacturing fault or did you drop it in the jax
    2. fix the fault

if it comes back again (rarely) they will follow the same steps, and then following this, they can either repair it again or give you a replacement.

this is the normal course of events, but if you want to try the "i'll get the small claims court after ya" line after the 2nd repair, you'll probably get some movement.

Also - the person in the shop has very little power in this regard, go to the customer service team for a direct response.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Thanks Captain Morgan I thought as much.. the three rep is telling me otherwise that its their policy to send it backwith the same fault 3 times. Its ridiculous I know the issue wasnt fixed the first time though? And it came back with a screw loose at the back with the cover not on properly because of it. Shoddy work and such a grey area too in terms of the law aspect

• Registered Users Posts: 69,075 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Threatened Meteor with court, very much in public in a store (When they still owned them - the stores are contracted out now) after a second failed repair and they caved and replaced the phone immediately.

Every single network and other phone retailer seems to think they can somehow protect themselves from the actual law for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Can also add that Vodafone try this 3 repair ****e as well. Had a Samsung Galaxy Ace that somehow wiped its IMEI therefore couldn't make or recieve calls or texts. Brought it in and sent it off, came back with the fault not even fixed, your man says their policy is to send it off again.

Think it was 2nd attempt that fixed it. When I got sick of that phone I simply bought a sim free Galaxy S2 and my current iPhone 4s was bought straight from Apple, cannot be bothered with these phone shops anymore with all the feckin about and grief they have caused over the years.

Advertisement