Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing Machine won't spin

Options
  • 15-01-2014 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi my machine stopped mid wash, it drained but won't spin. I checked the filter and it's clear. Would appreciate any suggestions?

Comments

Could be a broken belt, can you hear the motor revolving?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Brushes on the motor could be gone.Does it rotate at all if you select another wash?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Wal1

Thanks for reply.... No the drum isn't rotating but it does fill !?

The motor isn't revolving it sounds like it has stalled, for want of another word..

If its belt drive then the belt could be broken.If its not belt drive then the brushes on the motor most likely need replacing.

• Advertisement

Ok thanks for ur reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Its not on a rinse hold function by any chance?

If the brushes are gone you'll hear it humming at the point the drum is supposed to be rotating. Depending on the model,the brushes can be easy enough to replace and they aren't expensive,google for brushes for your machine model number.

Ya it's humming alright, I'll get someone to look at it anyway, although it's over 7yrs old so not sure would it be worth it... Thanks again guys.

Hi Superg
    You were correct, the brushes were gone....
    W

• Advertisement
Advertisement